Optical In / 5.1 Out

Been a while since I have been here, miss amdmb. But anyways, maybe someone out there knows of a card I am looking for. I need something that has an Optical In port, but also has support for 5.1. I was looking at the E-Mu line, but it only has stero out. If anyone knows of something, preferably not by Creative ( I swore never to buy another Creative product because of their horrible driver support). Thanks for any help! Happy Holidays.

Re: Optical In / 5.1 Out

Okay I don't know why I havn't seen this earlier...hopefully it works, just placed an order. I will come back with an update.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&sku=T777-1028

Welcome back !

Something like this maybe:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829118109
    Though I have no experience with it...
    #1 Asus P5E-VM HDMI (htpc backup)
    2x 2gb Corsair Q6600 7900gt
    Wd 250gb sata, NEC dvd burner
    Antec Neo 480,Avermedia a180 HDTV,Cooler Master Mystique case
    LG L246WP-BN 24" widescreen monitor,Vista Home Premium
    #2 HTPC Athlon64 AM2 5000+ BE x2, CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-6400
    ABIT AN-M2, TV Wonder 650 PRO, HauppaugeWinTV-HVR-1600
    ASUS EN8600GT SILENT, LG BluRay/HD dvd combo
    250gb Wd sata II,Xgene HTPC case +Scythe and SilentX fans
    Panasonic AX100 projector + 106" Graywolf screen, Vista Home
    Premium
    #3 Asus Eee 4g

Ahh, you found the same thing, and we cross posted
    #1 Asus P5E-VM HDMI (htpc backup)
    2x 2gb Corsair Q6600 7900gt
    Wd 250gb sata, NEC dvd burner
    Antec Neo 480,Avermedia a180 HDTV,Cooler Master Mystique case
    LG L246WP-BN 24" widescreen monitor,Vista Home Premium
    #2 HTPC Athlon64 AM2 5000+ BE x2, CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-6400
    ABIT AN-M2, TV Wonder 650 PRO, HauppaugeWinTV-HVR-1600
    ASUS EN8600GT SILENT, LG BluRay/HD dvd combo
    250gb Wd sata II,Xgene HTPC case +Scythe and SilentX fans
    Panasonic AX100 projector + 106" Graywolf screen, Vista Home
    Premium
    #3 Asus Eee 4g

That is wild, I swear I have been looking for a week, then it appeared in one of my google searches thanks for your help! I am hoping that I can take my xbox optical output and hook it up to this thing. Then push it through the card to my amps and speakers so I have true 5.1. (crossing fingers)

i've had that card. bought a bluegears enspire after i had the tbeach for about a year. same concept, the bluegears had better drivers and more frequently updated than tbeach (only 2 driver versions since the card came out about 2 years ago)... and i needed a card for my daughter's computer so gave her the tbeach..but you wouldn't be disappointed with either. will passthrough dvds with dts and dolby digital in 5.1 channel and true dts and dd..both do a great job of simulating dts or ddlive on any stereo signal that is input..i.e. from a set top box. i recently had to take out the bluegears when i got a new mobo with only 2 pci slots and needed them for my 2 pvr cards. fortunately, i figured out how to get my onboard to do a good job of simulating dts live, but i do miss the dolby digital live simulation option with the 2 add on cards. have fun!

Thanks tenax and CMB! Yeah I had heard that TB wasn't upgrading drivers to support 64 bit processors. Also I read to use the C-Media Refrence drivers and not the TB drivers. Why can't there be one reliable sound card manufacturer any more. I will be back with an update of how it turns out.
    Last edited by pirategnome; 12-28-2007 at 01:01 PM.

yeah, it's cmedia oxygen, it's cmedia oxygen. good luck and look forward to your impressions.

Thumbs down Re: Optical In / 5.1 Out

Disappointment. I have spent the pass few days trying to get the spdif in working but with no luck. I can successfully record from it, but it won't allow me to decode an AC3 signal and output it to the analog outputs (5.1). I have searched around on the AC3 Filter forums but with no luck, apparently it is a planned feature, but not out currently. Looking for a new card that will allow me to go SPDIF in to analog out.

If it's a c-media chip have you tried C-media's drivers instead?

I remember my Iwill XP333r that had an 8738 chip and different drivers provided drivers features. Some even had ASIO drivers for audio applications which was sort of odd but good. I tried out the drivers provided by Iwill but for the most part I used C media generic drivers. If they're still like before different drivers should vary in functionality even.

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring Banaaaaana phone

Last edited by a cat : yesterday at 05-11-2004 at 11:09 AM