Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What the Hey ... turn em back on ..

Quote Originally Posted by BWM View Post
    I'm beginning to lose a little interest myself. Work has completely taken over what is left of my life. Still folding for the time being though.
    Agreed, my work schedule has been completely brutal the past two quarters and it is only getting worse.

Ok, it's been "turned on" for a little while now while I settled it in, but the QX9650 is now folding..
    3950Mhz running 2 x vmware smp, working on a couple of "average" Wu's first up (p2605's), but it's still managing a frametime of just under 9mins, for around 2800ppd.... each.
    If I manage to get a couple of those p2653's together it'll break 6,000 ppd by itself.
    Mission acomplished.
    Fold with what you have,
    Every Work Unit can make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Ok, it's been "turned on" for a little while now while I settled it in, but the QX9650 is now folding..
    3950Mhz running 2 x vmware smp, working on a couple of "average" Wu's first up (p2605's), but it's still managing a frametime of just under 9mins, for around 2800ppd.... each.
    If I manage to get a couple of those p2653's together it'll break 6,000 ppd by itself.
    Mission acomplished.
    What did that 9650 set you back? I'm going to treat myself to one as soon as I get my new EVGA 780i mb.

I want to sell my phase rig. anyone want it?

Quote Originally Posted by frosty22 View Post
    What did that 9650 set you back? I'm going to treat myself to one as soon as I get my new EVGA 780i mb.

I want to sell my phase rig. anyone want it?
    1200 big ones, , luckily I sold my 3 Linux quadcore boxes at the right time, they should've been good for close to 3,000ppd each, but thanks to the "beta" smp Wu's there was always an "issue" on a weekly basis that needed constant attention, which isn't always possible within a working week, so they averaged around 7-8k ppd,
    So now I'm only down 1-2k ppd with 2 less boxes, (and waterpumps etc) and should see a nice reduction in the power bills too.
    Fold with what you have,

Thinking of moving on my phase change rig too, it's a power guzzler but still fun to play with..... overclocked Q6600 running -6c loaded..
    But I'll probably wait for one of the "mainstream" 9xxx cpu's and go back to watercooling, after playing with the QX for a few weeks the 45nm Cpu's do overclock well, with less voltage and heat output, the QX is running loaded @ 1.322v vcore.
    Fold with what you have,

I finally got mine to 22c on core temp. QX6700 overclocked to 3.9 @ 1.5v vcore. I've been running 1 smp windows client on it. I think I'm getting 3500ppd off it.

I set up water cooling on my main rig. It's 44c full load. It's running stock right now. I haven't had time to play with it yet. Not too sure how this MSI mb will do either. I fried the mosfets on the last one, so I've been kinda chicken.

My Wife is bugging me to take her to Australia.

I finally got mine to 22c on core temp. QX6700 overclocked to 3.9 @ 1.5v vcore. I've been running 1 smp windows client on it. I think I'm getting 3500ppd off it.

I set up water cooling on my main rig. It's 44c full load. It's running stock right now. I haven't had time to play with it yet. Not too sure how this MSI mb will do either. I fried the mosfets on the last one, so I've been kinda chicken.

Seems that 2 SMP Clients on a Quad yield more.
    You could then test with Affinity Changer if it goes higher still ...

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

You'll need some extra airflow over the Cpu socket area when watercooling as you don't have the airflow over the mosfet's etc that the stock Cpu cooler normally provides,
    If you're venturing "down under" and plan to visit the tropical area's I'd suggest our Autumn, April/May is a nice time of the year in Queensland, the southern states are a little cooler, Summer (right now) can be oppressive with the high humidity, and further north it's the rainy season, floods at the moment.
    Fold with what you have,