Finding modem drivers

I got Yahoo DSL and i'm not sure I have the best drivers for the modem they gave me (Speedstream 4100b).

I searched online and cant find drivers anywhere. Can anyone point me to the right place? or tell me another way to get the best drivers?

My internet shuts down a lot, and restarting this modem fixes it, so I think the drivers might be a problem.

Re: Finding modem drivers

Usually external modems don't require software or drivers. Its just a matter of having it connected to a properly installed network card. Once the card acquires an IP from the modem everything should fly. If its disconnecting often make sure you have DSL filters installed properly.

pete

Sorry to bring up an old thread...but this is really weird.
    My aunt has the same modem - Speedstream 4100b she's been using it for years without any problems at all and now all of a sudden it's not functioning very well at all. She said she had a friend come round and her son was messing around with her PC so when I checked, he had updated some device drivers - how can i find out what version I should be using?

Is there an online tool to check?
    Last edited by hopeless10; 08-12-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Unless you are using a USB modem, you should not need any drivers for ethernet connection to modem.
    Firmware for the modem can be updated though.
    Probably something else on the pc that was changed.