Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Newegg: TRENDnet TEW-432BRP Wireless Firewall Router $9.99 After MIR

TRENDnet TEW-432BRP IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless Firewall Router
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833156038
    $29.99 ($9.99 after $20.00 Mail-In Rebate)
    Free 3 Business Day Shipping
    In Stock as of 2:00PM EST

Wonder if this is a good buy... any comments!
    In the game of life there is no "reset button"...
    At least there is one on my PC !

---------------------------------------
    AMD-PII 720BE / Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H
    G-Skill 4GB PC8500 1066MHz / Sigma La Vie (500Watt PSU)
    500GB WD Sata2 / 250GB Seagate ATA100
    LG DVD-RW / Acer 22" X223 LCD
    WinVista Home Premium SP2
    AMD-Athlon 1700XP / Gigabyte GA-7VTXE+ / 500Watt PSU
    768MB DDR Ram / 120GB Western Digital ATA100
    GeForce3 Ti500 64MB DDR / Creative SB Live 5.1
    SMC EZ 10-100 NIC (Sprint T1-DSL)
    Pioneer 115GA-16X-DVDRom / LiteOn LTR-52327S
    WinXP Home SP3

Re: Newegg: TRENDnet TEW-432BRP Wireless Firewall Router $9.99 After MIR

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Strong View Post
    TRENDnet TEW-432BRP IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless Firewall Router
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833156038
    $29.99 ($9.99 after $20.00 Mail-In Rebate)
    Free 3 Business Day Shipping
    In Stock as of 2:00PM EST

Wonder if this is a good buy... any comments!

^^^

404 Error

Thank you for visiting Newegg.com. We apologize for your inconvenience. Please reload this page by clicking the refresh button or hitting Control-F5.

If your problems persist, we may have a server issue. Please contact us to report the page you attempted to reach, and we will assist you as soon as possible.

Found the link here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...t%2bTEW-432BRP

Looks like a not-bad $10 router if the rebate check comes.

Out of Stock (ETA:01/14/2008)
    Last edited by AMDScooter; 01-05-2008 at 03:16 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

trendnet ? ewww! I dont know about their routers but i bought one of their 56k modems and it was as slow as a snail
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

I bought a Trendnet wireless N router back in November. I sent in the $20 mail in rebate and last week I got a letter from them saying I didn't enclose the UPC. I faxed them a photocopy of my rebate submission form, with the UPC clearly taped to it (I use cheap tape, so it's visible on the copy,) and they said a copy wouldn't cut it, they needed the original, which they already had!!! Google "Trendnet rebate scam" and you'll see that if you're buying a Trendnet product with a rebate, only consider the price before rebate because there is almost no chance you'll ever see it. A guy I was talking to about this e-mailed me a letter from them to him stating that his rebate wasn't posted before the deadline. The beauty of it was he received the letter on the 29th of Nov., and the rebate he submitted had to be postmarked by the 5th of December.

Other than that, the router isn't total junk, when it works, it works well, but it did have a bad habit of dropping the wireless connection at various times, so it went off to eBay land and was replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by montanatim View Post
    I bought a Trendnet wireless N router back in November. I sent in the $20 mail in rebate and last week I got a letter from them saying I didn't enclose the UPC. I faxed them a photocopy of my rebate submission form, with the UPC clearly taped to it (I use cheap tape, so it's visible on the copy,) and they said a copy wouldn't cut it, they needed the original, which they already had!!! Google "Trendnet rebate scam" and you'll see that if you're buying a Trendnet product with a rebate, only consider the price before rebate because there is almost no chance you'll ever see it. A guy I was talking to about this e-mailed me a letter from them to him stating that his rebate wasn't posted before the deadline. The beauty of it was he received the letter on the 29th of Nov., and the rebate he submitted had to be postmarked by the 5th of December.

Other than that, the router isn't total junk, when it works, it works well, but it did have a bad habit of dropping the wireless connection at various times, so it went off to eBay land and was replaced.
    I've had this same scam done to me by at least 3 separate companies now. One was Biostar and another was Hitachi, I can't remember who the third one was. Coincidentally, all 3 of the times I've been screwed out of a rebate have been done the exact same way as what happened to you Tim, and all 3 were rebates that were being handled by the manufacturers themselves instead of third party rebate companies.

The Biostar rebate process was so complicated it was ridiculous. They even made sure to mention that if you didn't write down the serial number of the motherboard on the back of the outside of the envelope the rebate would not be honored.

Any time I've had a company claim I didn't send something in I just get on the phone and don't give up until they validate the rebate. Escalate to supervisor if necessary. I think eventually they get tired of the hassle and give in. I haven't lost out on a rebate in a LONG time.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

This past Thursday I sent e-mails to every address I could find at Trendnet, and to the rebate company that handles their rebates (web-rebates.com,) and simply stated that I'm taking my photocopy to the post office and filing a Postal Fraud Form as they obviously got my rebate form with the UPC taped to it, or they wouldn't have had my name, since our return address labels only show our business name. This morning, when I checked my e-mail, they sent me the following:

"Thank you for contacting the Trendnet Rebate Processing Center.

We have re-evaluated you claim. Your submission has been validated in 01/04/2007 and is in processing. Please allow 10 business days to receive your rebate check. We again apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for participating in the Trendnet Rebate Program and have a great day!"

You've got to admit they've got a good scam going, how many people get that bogus letter and just write it off?

^^ Like I said don't give up and you'll get it. Companies have the power to validate any rebate. Sometimes you just need to force their hand. I'm glad you got yours.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Thanks for the advice from all of you guys... it's very much apreciated! I had the same happened to me when Ibought a Samsung Laser printer. Same letter, same reason, so I called and gave them a good fight and told them I wasn't willing to loose $50 because of their incompetence. They allowed me to fax copies of all paperwork and validated the rebate and rushed it to me. I'll stay away from rebates as long as I can.
    I was actually interested on knowing if that TRENDnet router was a good performer, at least in par with the Linksys wireless, cause even without the rebate it was cheaper. I'm not looking for anything expensive, just something to browse the net with my laptop.
    In the game of life there is no "reset button"...
    At least there is one on my PC !

AMD-PII 720BE / Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H
    G-Skill 4GB PC8500 1066MHz / Sigma La Vie (500Watt PSU)
    500GB WD Sata2 / 250GB Seagate ATA100
    LG DVD-RW / Acer 22" X223 LCD
    WinVista Home Premium SP2
    AMD-Athlon 1700XP / Gigabyte GA-7VTXE+ / 500Watt PSU
    768MB DDR Ram / 120GB Western Digital ATA100
    GeForce3 Ti500 64MB DDR / Creative SB Live 5.1
    SMC EZ 10-100 NIC (Sprint T1-DSL)
    Pioneer 115GA-16X-DVDRom / LiteOn LTR-52327S
    WinXP Home SP3

I'd rather have instant discounts but those are more rare so I take rebates whenever I can. Unfortunately the best deals usually involve rebates. I keep track of all my rebates in a spreadsheet so I can tell you that over the past 4.5 years I've received $2925 in rebates. I get nearly 100% of what I submit.

^^^ Agree. I've found with rebates you simply need to elevate yourself temporally to be a larger d*ck than those trying to keep from fulfilling their rebate obligations. Harass them enough.. give them the sense you are not simply going to go away and they usually cave.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

On larger rebates I'll always go after the rebate companies for them, and have only lost out on one even after calling them and resubmitting everything. That was a $50 rebate from Hitachi for a hard drive, so therefore I'll never buy another Hitachi product after that.

On a $10 dollar rebate it's hardly worth the time and effort though. The real joke is I resubmitted everything on the Biostar rebate (because I was stupid enough to waste more time talking to them over a $10 rebate) and they never got back to me. Big surprise, no rebate.

PS, I thought it was Biostar itself that was handling the rebate but it was a company called "Myrebates411" instead. You should read about all the problems people have had with THAT company!

I've been avoiding any smaller (less than $20) rebates now. On larger rebates I'll always check who is handling the rebate. If it's some start up sounding place like "Myrebates411" I'll pass on it. Those little companies are nothing more than con artists who'll waste as much of your time as possible.
    Last edited by kbohip; 01-08-2008 at 06:42 PM.

As a matter of principle I never give up no matter how small the rebate. Honestly I believe many of the rebate offers are legit but just poorly managed. For those that are intentionally trying to rip you off, well they want you to give up so that's exactly what I won't do.

i don,t usually buy items with rebates,, if they are competive with the one without rebates, and then i will... i have got 3 of 4 rebates back so far. now costcos, thats a different story, because rebates at costcos comes from costco,s .. abit sent me a rebate once, they were good. but as a rule, i see rebates, i 9 out of 10 times run.
    #1-i5-4690k-msi z97 gaming 5- msi gtx 1060 6gb- lg ud 68 4k monitor
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-gigabyte 990fxa ud3-xfx 480 4gb- asus pb 278 2k moitor
    #3-i5-2400- biostar tzz77-msi 480 4gb- asus vx24a 2k monitor
    #4-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

Hey Ed,

As far as whether or not Trendnet is comparable to Linksys, the only opinion I can give is "not even close." Like I said, mine worked well...when it wasn't dropping the wireless connection, and the range on it was terrible, it wouldn't work in my bedroom, which is separated by only two walls and 30 feet from the livingroom where the router was located. I replaced it with a Belkin wireless G, which was also rather cheap, and after I managed to get it working with my wireless ISP (which Belkin tech support said it absolutely couldn't do since my ISP uses a public IP,) it's been going strong. Haven't had a single dropped connection, and I haven't found anywhere in my house that the signal won't reach.

Check out the reviews on several different Trendnet routers on Newegg, the one I bought only had 12 reviews, and didn't seem that bad, but after I checked out their others with more reviews, a trend develops where people in general aren't happy with the quality.