Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Re: Formula Boinc. Who's doing what.

I'm not running uFluids right now because with the last batch I ran (about a week ago) it seems like every unit that's validated so far granted me much less credit than what I claimed. On the positive side, only 1 unit screwed up.

Well, I didn't last long on uFluids. Maybe it's just core2/quads, but yesterday I had four units running with each using well under half of each core's capacity. The CPU time was creeping up at an agoningly slow pace. I guess this might explain why the top computer on the project only has ~500 PPD. I'm going to stay connected, but drop the share so it doesn't run much. I can't afford to have a project doing virtually nothing on all cylinders.

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Well, just think: All of the competition is in the same boat. I'm only getting about 2500 a day doing TSP where I was consistantly getting 4500 - 6000 doing SETI, Cosmo or QMC, but I figure that we're being 'graded on a curve' in the F1 competition, and the projects that give out the lowest credits will have the fewest competitors in them... which is why the Killer Frogs are in 8th place in TSP with only five guys working it 'nStuff!

Well, I was just in the process of switching my other 2 machines over to Enigma when I found out the project is now off line for a few weeks.

I guess I need to look at another project. Any suggestions for a couple of older Linux boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    Well, I was just in the process of switching my other 2 machines over to Enigma when I found out the project is now off line for a few weeks.

I guess I need to look at another project. Any suggestions for a couple of older Linux boxes?
    You might want to try Sztaki which is here or Milkyway which is here.

Been busy leveling my Diablo II character and didn't see the thread. I have QX6700, a dual Mobile MP, a T7300, and I think a P4 2.4 on µfluids. There is a problem with quads and some C2D not using full power to run workunits. There is a thread discussing the problem and it has been noted by the project and a few people seem to be trying to figure it out. I hope it gets finished because my quad should be cleaning up but it is really lagging. My only consolation is the everyone else is in the same boat.

Stats for the last week:

Last edited by Big red; 02-15-2008 at 05:19 AM.

Here is an update on what I've been able to find out about Ufluids. The preformance problems seem to be limited to Core2 and Quad CPU's. The other problems happen when you suspend the WU or restart the system. It would seem that the only way to run it is by itself on a system that does not get shut off. I'm currently doing a stress test on an AMD Athalon 64 X2 4200+ system and have had no problems. Processor usage stays between 95% and 100% with no errors. Granted the credit is a little low but that applies to everybody. If we could get a few more older machines on it we could move up. The top team only has a RAC of 3700.

Here is another possibility. If we could get someone to put a couple (or more) Quads on Rieselseive then we could move into the points. We currently have a RAC of about 14000 and would need at least 18000 to start moving into the points.

{knocks on wood}

I've put my 5150 dual Xeon system back on uFluids and it doesn't seem to have the problem with a lack of utilization that my quad had. I'm not sure what precisely is different with the Xeons vs the Core2 duo chips, but so long as it works . . .

Both systems are splitting time between Lattice, Poem, and Milkyway, with the quad working Riesel instead of uFluids.

A little here, a little there . . .

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Lattice has been having some problems of late, but they have been addressing them immediately... so I still have hope. It's another slow cooker and it's sporatic in giving out WUs, so I run it alongside TSP on my quad.

TSP is cooking along, about half the points of Cosmo or QMC on the same machine. We're 'in the points' at seventh, giving the team 2 points. In another 7-10 days (if nobody's output changes) we'll move up into sixth, giving the team 3 points. But that's where we'll top out unless we get a PILE of help; the top 5 teams really put out some big points....

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff View Post
    Lattice has been having some problems of late, but they have been addressing them immediately... so I still have hope. It's another slow cooker and it's sporatic in giving out WUs, so I run it alongside TSP on my quad.

TSP is cooking along, about half the points of Cosmo or QMC on the same machine. We're 'in the points' at seventh, giving the team 2 points. In another 7-10 days (if nobody's output changes) we'll move up into sixth, giving the team 3 points. But that's where we'll top out unless we get a PILE of help; the top 5 teams really put out some big points....
    Three points is alot in this sort of competition. This looks to be fun. Everyone working as a team...strategizing...planning. Shifting here and there all willy nilly depending on our opponents.

I put whats left of my farm on Riesel. About 10000-11000 per day. 4 of my Quads are on WCG with UncleB's. The other 2 wont run it. I have two P35-Ds3L's to upgrade them with. They should be back on WCG soon...

myrtle beach,south carolina, U. S. of A.!

Quote Originally Posted by MJD1964 View Post
    4 of my Quads are on WCG with UncleB's.

assomolated!

don't worry bro, we'll save ya!

assomolated!

Ok Big Red, now that my high speed is all hooked up with wireless setups per dual quad. Where would you like for me to attack Remember all mine are dual quad setups if that makes a difference. Not boat loads of memory but horsepower. Private Spankie reporting for duty SIR!!
    Spankinmonkee
    Banana Powered
    151 plus Ghz