Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: Formula Boinc. Who's doing what.

TSP has work again. We should move up to #6 in a few days. Not bad for less than a months work. I was looking around a bit at what fluff said about the credits. Was wondering why my lowly S939 opty is 100% faster than a highly clocked C2D? It looks like it's the 64bit OS or the app for the 64bit, at least on windows machines. Vista and XP64 seem twice as fast = 2X the credit.

So if anyone has any 64bit machines it might be a nice place to think about letting them crunch abit.

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Quote Originally Posted by Spankinmonkee View Post
    Ok Big Red, now that my high speed is all hooked up with wireless setups per dual quad. Where would you like for me to attack Remember all mine are dual quad setups if that makes a difference. Not boat loads of memory but horsepower. Private Spankie reporting for duty SIR!!
    What do you think Big Red? Maybe Cosmo? We're pullin' 8 points right now, but that's all due to a Project of the Month mash we did. We're in 8th place in production / week right now, so our #1 position for the year is threatened... :shrugh:

Ok Big Red, now that my high speed is all hooked up with wireless setups per dual quad. Where would you like for me to attack Remember all mine are dual quad setups if that makes a difference. Not boat loads of memory but horsepower. Private Spankie reporting for duty SIR!!
    What do you think Big Red? Maybe Cosmo? We're pullin' 8 points right now, but that's all due to a Project of the Month mash we did. We're in 8th place in production / week right now, so our #1 position for the year is threatened... :shrugh:

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff View Post
    Im all on cosmo right now,maybe need to stay there
    Spankinmonkee
    Banana Powered
    151 plus Ghz

myrtle beach,south carolina, U. S. of A.!

dual quads! mini-farm in a box!

Ok here are my suggestions. Put them on Milkyway which is here. It has a limit of 20 WU's per computer at a time and they are fast (about 15 min. on a Quad). There is a Quorum of 1, whch means no waiting for pending credit. The 15 min. WU's get a flat credit of 6.5 and this should give you a total of about 200 credits per machine per hour. It is relatively stable and the guy that runs it responds quickly to problems. As a backup you may also want to run Rieselseive at the same time. It is here.

These are just temporary ideas. If predictor comes up soon, it would be a good place for you. In it's last configuration before shutting down for the move, it required massive processing power. Just the thing you have. It is here. Please note that this is the new URL and the one in Boinc may not work. In any case have fun with your new connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Big red View Post
    Ok here are my suggestions. Put them on Milkyway which is here. It has a limit of 20 WU's per computer at a time and they are fast (about 15 min. on a Quad). There is a Quorum of 1, whch means no waiting for pending credit. The 15 min. WU's get a flat credit of 6.5 and this should give you a total of about 200 credits per machine per hour. It is relatively stable and the guy that runs it responds quickly to problems. As a backup you may also want to run Rieselseive at the same time. It is here.

These are just temporary ideas. If predictor comes up soon, it would be a good place for you. In it's last configuration before shutting down for the move, it required massive processing power. Just the thing you have. It is here. Please note that this is the new URL and the one in Boinc may not work. In any case have fun with your new connection.
    Sounds like Predictor is close maybe a month or so away. If its ready and online this would be a good monthly project we could score fast on
    Settin some up on milkyway right now.
    Spankinmonkee
    Banana Powered
    151 plus Ghz

Milkyway was down for a bit yesterday,but I have the top RAC now and moving up fast. We will have points in a week or 2
    Spankinmonkee
    Banana Powered
    151 plus Ghz

Milkyway was down for a bit yesterday,but I have the top RAC now and moving up fast. We will have points in a week or 2

That was impressively quick monkee. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff35 View Post
    That was impressively quick monkee. Good stuff.
    Thanks

here's Milky's stats

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/projpage.php?proj=mil
    Spankinmonkee
    Banana Powered
    151 plus Ghz

Wow... 'way to beat up on 'em, SM!

Does it manage to keep those dual quads busy? How do you like watching 8 WU's crunching at a time that finish in 15 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Big red View Post
    Does it manage to keep those dual quads busy? How do you like watching 8 WU's crunching at a time that finish in 15 minutes?
    I'm runnin Crunchers opt boinc,it communicates at a faster rate to report. Otherwise the quads would run dry...then have to wait the difference of an hour to switch to the other project.
    The team is in 12th by stats...by next update we will have 11th nailed down. 26-48 hrs we should be in 10th!! My fastest dual quad does it in 14 min...rest is 16-17 min
    Spankinmonkee
    Banana Powered
    151 plus Ghz

I'm runnin Crunchers opt boinc,it communicates at a faster rate to report. Otherwise the quads would run dry...then have to wait the difference of an hour to switch to the other project.
    The team is in 12th by stats...by next update we will have 11th nailed down. 26-48 hrs we should be in 10th!! My fastest dual quad does it in 14 min...rest is 16-17 min
    Looks like you're Zooming right on up there. Check it out here.

F1 stats have us at 15th for the year (check right hand side stats)... we had a big head start overall, and the F1 points are only counted since January. Of course, that only puts us back three days at your output level!