Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455

Re: The Republican Race To November

Quote Originally Posted by OTOC
    I had some fun with McCain to prove a point.
    We got your point. And it does not lend itself to make your explanation as to why you posted it.

I don't think any of the relative crap has a bearing on the election.
    any more believable. In short.. your:

for those who think the relatives of a candidate are an important campaign issue
    claim is as believable as your supposed ignoring of my posts. As usual.. a pleasure..

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

I was saying that your retort to Obama's relatives is a typical Alan Colmes style retort.

See:
    Its the usual Alan Colmes style retort.
    Reading disorder, otoc?

And what point did you prove, otoc?

The part you boldened on your own accord reads:
    The family dealt in the slave trade, and, according to official records, held at least 52 enslaved Africans on their plantation. The enslaved Africans likely were used as servants, for manual labor, and for breeding more slaves.
    A little fun with McCain to prove a point? What point, otoc? What point does pointing out that McCain's great-great grandfather dealt in slaves make, otoc? What connection are we to draw from that, otoc? A little race baiting entertainment Some fun with McCain?

Obama's own brother is living in a friggin' shack and his auntie's in a Boston hovel and your retort of Colmes equivalency is that McCain's great great granddad had slaves.

Right.

^^^ He posted because it's not an issue to him. Perhaps this non-issue is also on his "ignore" list.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    I was saying that your retort to Obama's relatives is a typical Alan Colmes style retort.

See:Reading disorder, otoc?

And what point did you prove, otoc?

The part you boldened on your own accord reads:A little fun with McCain to prove a point? What point, otoc? What point does pointing out that McCain's great-great grandfather dealt in slaves make, otoc? What connection are we to draw from that, otoc? A little race baiting entertainment Some fun with McCain?

Obama's own brother is living in a friggin' shack and his auntie's in a Boston hovel and your retort of Colmes equivalency is that McCain's great great granddad had slaves.

Right.
    lol, I guess I can't have fun with font selection. Gee, sorry. My opening in that post stands. It was for those who think only Obama ignoring his relatives is important.

I think we have more important issues at hand and this relative thing has has no bearing historically. That's my opinion.

I'm thinking Billy Carter, Roger Clinton and the Neil Bush who signed up with China. None of that proved any bearing on the sitting president to me, and based on the past it didn't have a bearing on more than a select few.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Isnít there a black sheep in every family?

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Isnít there a black sheep in every family?
    You bitter... gun clinging... bible thumping... ordinary white folks are funny...

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    lol, I guess I can't have fun with font selection. Gee, sorry.
    You can make your race baiting "fun" using any vehicle you choose.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 11-03-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    You bitter... gun clinging... bible thumping... ordinary white folks are funny...
    Why thank you.

That's the only compliment I've had in weeks...

I am pale buddies.

Actual election results?

Go here

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=459630