Page 3 of 176 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Re: The Democrat Party Race To November

Clinton seeks to cast herself as underdog vs Obama

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080210/...ics_clinton_dc

The Clinton campaign has labeled the Illinois senator the "establishment" candidate as she tries to wrest from him the message of a vow to bring change to Washington.
    There is absolutely nothing Hilary won't say, except "I concede defeat. I lost to a better candidate".

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Hey and Jimmy Carter wasnt that bad
    Actually he was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz View Post
    The thread title is a pejorative term used by far right pundits like limbaugh and hannity, to put democrats in a negative light. It really isn't in the nature of a neutral thread if that's what you intended it to be. I don't know if you're aware of it, but I'm just saying as an FYI. The Democrat Party doesn't exist in The United States. Not complaining, just saying in case you didn't mean to project a negative connotation on neutral discussion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(phrase)
    It honestly didn't occur to me.

Re: The Democratic Race To November

I believe Jim honestly. After all, you used the word "Democrat" in your post Cwiz

Who'd thunk the party of democrats wasn't the "democrat party"? Then again, the "Democratic Party" sure sounds good don't it.

Thanks but no thanks Joe Lieberman...

http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/23467

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_nVidia View Post
    I believe Jim honestly. After all, you used the word "Democrat" in your post Cwiz

Who'd thunk the party of democrats wasn't the "democrat party"? Then again, the "Democratic Party" sure sounds good don't it.
    Ya I agree, regardless though it's always been the democratic party, and the only people who use the term democrat party, are people who are critical/opponents of the party.

I never knew it really until you pointed it out. I could have used the possessive form I suppose "democrat's" party and been correct....since the individual member is indeed a democrat because the ic wont work.
    Hey live and learn. No offense intended.

actually plural possessive would have been best s' right?
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 02-11-2008 at 12:14 PM.

So in fairness, we have Democrats and the Democratic Party, but a "Democratic Race to November" might be foiled by backroom Democrat bureaucrats under the guise of "super delegates", empowered to make a decision that overrides a voice of the people and can kick the idea of every vote counting to the curb. That would mean it may well be anything but a democratic race.

It should be titled "The Democratic Party Race to November".

I'm not suggesting the Republicans are running their race any more "above board" than the Democrats are. Their inclusion of Independents and Democrats in the voting process is as equally disturbing as some of the shenanigans we've seen and been told to expect to see on the left.

Im still frustrated by the lack of agreement on delegates among the news sites. All favoring Hillary in perception.
    The deal at Real Clear Politics seems to be supported by CBS/AP so thats what Ill rely on. Obama took the total delegate lead last night.
    Find me the headline.
    No. For some reason the Hillary campaign manager change is more important news.
    Tell me there isnt a bias.

Exhibit A

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/...tes/index.html

Exhibit B

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...ate_count.html

And finally your Honor? I offer [if it pleases the Court]

Exhibit C

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/...e-count-tally/
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 02-11-2008 at 12:25 PM.

It would be interesting hear the take of some Democrats on the condition of their party's race.

Ill tell you what I hear locally. Alot of my buds are Democrats...but a southern democrat is pretty centrist....where I live anyway.
    Most think Hillary is an idiot that wont win. She represents "the party machine"....the "establishment candidate" if you will.
    And the amazing surprise comment I hear? In the south?: Obama is getting hosed.

So I have never been one to follow politics, primarily because I believe that all politicians are dishonest and run for office for only personal gain, but this man is different. But I still don’t trust him because… he is still a politician.
    So is he just a smooth talking (MLK/JFK style thief) sneaky politician or is he Genuine?

I think he is a thief because he has stolen my vote and he will have it if he needs it in November.

BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    I never knew it really until you pointed it out. I could have used the possessive form I suppose "democrat's" party and been correct....since the individual member is indeed a democrat because the ic wont work.
    Hey live and learn. No offense intended.

actually plural possessive would have been best s' right?
    Ya it's a very understandable mistake actually, and democrat party does make the most sense but it has kinda a negative inflection/ring to it, and people have made it into a negative connotation as well. I wouldn't have really cared, but this was setup as a nuetral discussion thread so..

Yup. And Ive really tried to include all sort of links ...even from kos....
    so there is some fairness. The thread is no longer "mine". Its for you guys.
    Im certainly not going to "promote" either Hillary or Obama but if something just seems wrong [like the delegate count] I may seem relentless on the issue.

The lawsuit. Goes to what Dutch said

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120269002843257513.html