question about gskill ram and gigabyte motherboard

i just assembled a new computer and i have a few questions about the ram/mobo. I have a gigabyte motherboard, x38-ds24 . The mem slot says that it's 1.8v. I also have g-skill DDR2 1066 memory, which says 2.0~2.1v on the sticker. Is this an issue? I don't think so, because i am using it right now but for longevity reasons do i need to worry about it? another question, about cas latency, the ram says 5-5-5-10, but in my bios, it's reporting 5-7-7-20. I can enter in numbers manually, but when i put in the 5-5-5-10, the computer wouldn't boot. so, as i said, it's working fine the way it is now, but i would like to know if it's worth the effort to get the maximum out of what it says.

thanks for any responses.

Re: question about gskill ram and gigabyte motherboard

try setting the vdimm to 2.0v/save and exit. then return and manually set the timings to factory spec. see if that helps.

ud

ok, so i tried that, and it didn't work, maybe i should just leave it alone.

Might look at this thread to through some light on the subject.
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=452066

I've had very good luck with G-Skill. Try 2.1v

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

thanks, ive been following that....

ok, so now ive noticed that my motherboard is not actually 1.8, but it must have automatically adjusted to 2.1, cause it says that, i just didn't notice before. I am getting 5-7-7-20 tho, and i cant change to the "optimal" or max of 5-5-5-10 that is on the sticker. The best i could come up with is 5-5-5-15, but when that happens, it changes the memory from 400Mhz to 533 Mhz, which i don't really want...I have run memtest on both ways and no errors either way, so i think i will just let it be, cause i don't have any problems...thanks for the responses

Quote Originally Posted by smhoward2 View Post
    The best i could come up with is 5-5-5-15, but when that happens, it changes the memory from 400Mhz to 533 Mhz, which i don't really want...I have run memtest on both ways and no errors either way, so i think i will just let it be, cause i don't have any problems...thanks for the responses
    That's perfect. That is the specified operating specs of your memory.

Your memory is designed to run at 5-5-5-15 @ 533MHz.

DDR2 1066 memory runs on a 533MHz bus.

hmm, thanks for letting me know something i should have already known
    I was thinking all along that 1066 was 400 Mhz, not 533....thanks again!