Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Of all the Presidnts we've had in the past, who would you choose for 2008 ?

Andrew Jackson...he killed the bank!! Seriously though, I would select Teddy for everything he did before his presidency. Even though the progressive era wasn't his fault, he was still at the helm when government got WAY too big. FDR would be horrible for the same reasons; the New Deal turned the government into an even bigger monster. Abe was more abusive of the executive than Bush gets for, the suspension of habeus corpus, 'the hell!??!? I would probably say JFK because the good outweighed the bad with him, which is a rarity. Plus he stuck it to one of my all-time least favorite organizations, the CIA, by calling off the Bay of Pigs invasion .
    My Heatware

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Haha, I like the Calvin Coolidge suggestion! Go small government!

Maybe a slightly bigger government than Coolidge's though, so as to avoid another Depression...
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMan View Post
    Haha, I like the Calvin Coolidge suggestion! Go small government!

Maybe a slightly bigger government than Coolidge's though, so as to avoid another Depression...
    A man of few words... A possibly apocryphal story has it that Dorothy Parker, seated next to him at a dinner, said to him, "Mr. Coolidge, I've made a bet against a fellow who said it was impossible to get more than two words out of you." His famous reply: "You lose."
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11