Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: linux

Re: linux

Or better yet why not do a duel boot if you are enjoying Linux. It's very easy to do with the distros I've tried and then you can have the best of both worlds.
    Right now I find my time split about 50/50 and at times I have to look at the desktop to remember which OS I'm in.
    Biostar P4M900-M7 FE, Inte Core 2 Duo E7400, Win7

Quote Originally Posted by bonz_dragon View Post
    Or better yet why not do a duel boot if you are enjoying Linux. It's very easy to do with the distros I've tried and then you can have the best of both worlds.
    Right now I find my time split about 50/50 and at times I have to look at the desktop to remember which OS I'm in.
    indeed Ubuntu 7.10 runs flawless for me still need to use windows for my gaming needs tho. I haven't had any driver quirks lately everything just works. Drivers tho usually is why folks give up on Linux sometimes they can be awkward to install dual boot is the way to go until you get the hang of things. BroGC dont give up so easy hang in there at least give it a try before throwing in the towel

agreed, drivers "can" be a p.i.t.a. sometimes, however not to worry . I had to use the foo drivers for my HP LJ 1020, but it works fine on Ubuntu now. It was actually more the USB connection than the printer itself.

I might just give it a go later on , Ubuntu is awesome . i am real tempted with the 64 bit or loading the 32 bit and seeing what a cheep X2 AMD CPU would do !
    Right now I am busy with my new box , a amd 6400+ system . dought that would duel boot though as linux probaly would card for my XFI soundcard

say is the old sound blaster live 5.1 digital supported in linux ?
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

Quote Originally Posted by brothergc View Post

say is the old sound blaster live 5.1 digital supported in linux ?
    i have that exact same card in bothmy linux boxes...has worked like a charm

Working in my rig too! BTW I have yet to find much that doesnt work well with my ubuntu.

got to get back into linux more,,sort of slacked off a bit...but its cool that you don,t have to pay big bucks for an operating sytem... i can have a fully running suse system,,,takes a bit of work...but can do everything mostly that windows does.

#1-i5-4690k-msi z97 gaming 5- msi gtx 1060 6gb- lg ud 68 4k monitor
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-gigabyte 990fxa ud3-xfx 480 4gb- asus pb 278 2k moitor
    #3-i5-2400- biostar tzz77-msi 480 4gb- asus vx24a 2k monitor
    #4-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

geekkyyy, if it's been awhile I think you'll be surprised at what some of the newly released distros are doing. Should take a look.
    Biostar P4M900-M7 FE, Inte Core 2 Duo E7400, Win7

geeeky you gotta try Ububtu , I was truly impressed with it
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23