Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Re: Milestone Thread.

well that is enough...for now

i need more folding power.
    looking forward to new gpu's

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
    well that is enough...for now
    NO, it tain't ding dong dagnabbit!!!!! I ain't gunna quit hounding yer lazy arse till yer in the top 20. Takes less that 10K PPD to do it right now and it dun't take much of a wig to do it. One lil inhell quad and a 260/216 will do it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by BWM View Post
    You mean electrical power in the apartment or building?
    Not much ya can do about that, I mean in practical terms.
    Better to move.

If you are having slight troubles with mains power in the apartment, you could try using a UPS unit of sufficient power rating to alleviate this; it will smooth out brown-outs, power peaks/disturbances, short black-outs (a few minutes depending on power consumed and power rating of UPS) and a good quality unit will protect your computer, screen and even LAN-switch or modem from otherwise destructive Voltage spikes on that mains network ...

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

Its more than slight problems there noorm. Welcome back BTW. He's losing power for hours at a time and no regular UPS is going to hold him up that long. Seems that his building is is having some MAJOR work done on it and/or the electrical subsystem. We talk regularly on the cell and it isn't unusual for power to just dump off, kapooootz..........

Quote Originally Posted by BWM View Post
    Its more than slight problems there noorm. Welcome back BTW. He's losing power for hours at a time and no regular UPS is going to hold him up that long. Seems that his building is is having some MAJOR work done on it and/or the electrical subsystem. We talk regularly on the cell and it isn't unusual for power to just dump off, kapooootz..........

I wondered why you hadn't suggested the UPS, but then I didn't know the full circumstances ...

Those are indeed major problems for anything electrical or electronic apparatus, let alone an ordinary UPS.
    You would have to get a super-sized one with lots of battery power and heavy charging gear to boot to be able to cope with those events, I agree !

We can't help with this one

EDIT: Thanks for the welcome back; had a good rest, but the weather wasn't playing along as it should have. Last Wednesday night and the whole of Thursday we had rain and very gray skies and that in the Mediterranean Sea. Bad luck about an anti-cyclone which hurled a lot of vapour around with not a lot of wind to shift things along ...
    But we have a decent colour and some nice memories and feelings about the place

Last edited by noorman; 09-27-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noorman View Post

I wondered why you hadn't suggested the UPS, but then I didn't know the full circumstances ...

Those are indeed major problems for anything electrical or electronic apparatus, let alone an ordinary UPS.
    You would have to get a super-sized one with lots of battery power and heavy charging gear to boot to be able to cope with those events, I agree !

We can't help with this one

EDIT: Thanks for the welcome back; had a good rest, but the weather wasn't playing along as it should have. Last Wednesday night and the whole of Thursday we had rain and very gray skies and that in the Mediterranean Sea. Bad luck about an anti-cyclone which hurled a lot of vapour around with not a lot of wind to shift things along ...
    But we have a decent colour and some nice memories and feelings about the place

Glad it wasn't completely spoiled for ya. Did ya get to do almost everything that was on your lists? Hope so man, that makes it all great.

I don't even have the luxery of planning my little trips/jaunts any more. The Travel/protocol boss does it. Like what's wrong with an overnighter in Reno when en-route to Colorado, ya know? Cheap bastages.....

Not much to plan; chose the hotels from a brochure from a firm called 'Connections' and made the way there from the airport with a rented car.

We just wanted to see some of the (unknown) country, relax and tan a bit, chat some, engage with the Sardic people a bit (they don't like to be called Italians), taste some of their kitchen, etc..

There was only the Sun that lacked a bit too much, but the rest was OK !

As an afterthought, we would have liked 2 weeks at the 1st hotel, because the second wasn't as relaxing. The first was within a setup with horse stables and 1st class horses of a mixed breed with Anglo-Arabic and Sardic traits in them (all brown reddish of colour). Nice and calm animals of which some were trained as show-jumpers and "dressage" horses / the manager had a (European) champion horse in his stables ...
    Most days they just walked around the grassy area amongst the guests and between some trees and brushes

The hotel also had an outdoor/indoor swimming pool, etc..
    And there was silence in abundance (no busy roads in the vicinity and no airports within about 100 kilometers)

Very good on-site restaurant/ nice Sardinian wines too

Sardinia (and Corsica) is of the oldest (non-active) vulcanic area of Europe, by the way. We saw remnants of Bronze-Age habitation, also some of the influence of Phenicians and the Romans ...

Sorry everyone, we need some new Milestones here !

Will be working on those in the coming days

Quote Originally Posted by noorman View Post

Sorry everyone, we need some new Milestones here !

Will be working on those in the coming days .
    Take your time and as BWM said welcome back!! Glad the trip worked out for ya and look forward to when you get the pics sorted.

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

That's right. Especially the dancin girl pics ya promised!!!

As promised (yesterday), a new update brings things back up-to-date on Team 734's Folding@Home member status/progress

Nice work Froggies and again Welcome to the starters in our midst and Congratulations on joining this worthwhile cause

A new update (very needed) with some special numbers:

45,000,000 for our top-Folder Sick_Willie who more importantly has Folded over 70,000 WU's finished

Dok's still the leader there, with over 100,000 WU's on his Palmares

I just want to mention our strongest riser, djotter with a 110,000+ points per week output currently at #40 in the Team's Stats

Way to go froggies!!

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Quote Originally Posted by jedihobbit View Post

Way to go froggies!!
    Yes sir, x2 !!!

Just finished a festive update, being in between Christmas and the New Year ...

Congrats again to all for every contribution to F@H, for the project and for the Team

Happy Folding