Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20
  1. #16
    Joined
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hemet, California (Mandatory age 65 + area, like Palm Springs)
    Age
    58
    Posts
    742

    Re: What software is best for Hauppauge HVR-1600 TV Tuner?

    Here is a FREE EPG that does a bit more for you to check out. I downloaded it tonite to try in my new HTPC http://www.majorgeeks.com/MediaPortal_d4543.html It seems promising but I won't know until I install it tomorrow. Good luck!

  2. #17
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Janesville, Wi
    Posts
    6,446

    Re: What software is best for Hauppauge HVR-1600 TV Tuner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadken View Post
    Gotcha.

    Hey, do you HAVE to have a EPG in order for GB-PVR to work?
    If you want to record anything and/or use the built-in tv guide then yes.

    If you just want to use for tv viewing then no

    Quote Originally Posted by howieh60 View Post
    Here is a FREE EPG that does a bit more for you to check out. I downloaded it tonite to try in my new HTPC http://www.majorgeeks.com/MediaPortal_d4543.html It seems promising but I won't know until I install it tomorrow. Good luck!
    That is not an EPG (electronic programming guide) that is an application.


  3. #18
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4

    Re: What software is best for Hauppauge HVR-1600 TV Tuner?

    Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    If you want to record anything and/or use the built-in tv guide then yes.

    If you just want to use for tv viewing then no



    That is not an EPG (electronic programming guide) that is an application.
    You should be able to record manually (ie choose the channel and time to start and end) without an EPG. An EPG is great for 'one button' recording.

    The other free software you might like to look at is MediaPortal. MediaPortal is open source, whereas GBPVR is not. GBPVR has a published API for development of pugins.

    I think you will find that both forums have excellent support.

  4. #19
    Joined
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hemet, California (Mandatory age 65 + area, like Palm Springs)
    Age
    58
    Posts
    742

    Re: What software is best for Hauppauge HVR-1600 TV Tuner?

    I provided a link to Mediaportal above in my post, only to be told it's an application.Yes it is and low and behold it appears to have an EPG.
    Go ahead and point out it's an application again, but now please elaborate on what the application is capable of.

  5. #20
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Janesville, Wi
    Posts
    6,446

    Re: What software is best for Hauppauge HVR-1600 TV Tuner?

    Quote Originally Posted by howieh60 View Post
    I provided a link to Mediaportal above in my post, only to be told it's an application.Yes it is and low and behold it appears to have an EPG.
    Go ahead and point out it's an application again, but now please elaborate on what the application is capable of.
    Not to break bad on you, but reading on the Mediaportal forums many people are having issues with the HVR-1600 which the OP was asking specifically about.

    You also still appear to have to subscribe to a supplemental EPG (i.e. Schedules Direct) with mediaportal also.

    With that being said I'll download Mediaportal and play with it and see if I can make it work with my 1600

    Edit: It works for analog channels but not clear qam
    Last edited by mmettin; 03-08-2008 at 02:13 PM. Reason: mediaportal comment


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •