X2 5000BE Memory divider

So I just got a x2 5000BE and I'm overclocking it and I keep trying to increase my memory speed but every time I do it never goes as high as I want it, for example, I had everything running at 14x217 So the CPU ran at 3038mhz and memory was around 430, so I changed it to 13x233 so now im at 3040/434. I know this is cause of the memory divider on the 5000BE but how do I get around this so I can overclock my memory? Thanks!

Shane

Re: X2 5000BE Memory divider

Manually set your memory speed to 400. Make sure your cpu multiplier is even (an odd multi austomnatically increases the divider) Be ready to reset cmos (or have the board reset itself) if you push that memory too hard. I don't know what it's limits are, you should find that out so you don't try to force it to do something it can't do.
    Memory speed makes little difference in K8 performance. Often tighter timings perform petter than higher bandwidth.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I've tried setting it to 400, (My Biostar TF560 says DDR2 800, but same thing I think?), but it still just stays at 430mhz no matter what setting I use. I would play with the timings but every time I take the setting from Auto to Manual I cant boot lol, I dont know all of the setting definitions I guess so I don't know how to mess with all of them. I know how to mess with the timings (5-5-5-15), but there's other settings that I have no clue what they mean and I'm guessing when I set it to manual some settings are to much for my ram? Idk :P

stays at 430mhz no matter what setting I use
    you are using the memclock value or limit to set the divider?

i'd clear your bios and start over.

besides that, the mix of ram may have something to do with the manual settings giving you fits. are they both cas 5 and same voltage requirements?

ud

Make sure your cpu multiplier is even (an odd multi ausomnatically increases the divider)
    Ps 430 is 860 don't forget DDR means double data rate

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Quote Originally Posted by uddarts View Post
    you are using the memclock value or limit to set the divider?

i'd clear your bios and start over.

besides that, the mix of ram may have something to do with the manual settings giving you fits. are they both cas 5 and same voltage requirements?

ud
    Yup Im using the Memclock Value or Limit, maybe it is cause I'm using a set of G.Skill and a set of A Data? I'll try removing two sticks and see what happens.

So I'm running at 860 mhz? lol

Ok well I played around a little bit and taking out two sticks didn't help, but I finally figured it out, lol. I changed the CPU multiplier to 14x but that still made my memory 430 mhz, but then I changed it to 12x and that made my memory go up to 500mhz. What I finally understood was that when I had it at 14x, my FSB was 215, so 215 X 2 = 430. When I changed my multiplier to 13x, the memory divider went to CPU/7 (says CPU-Z lol), so it was still really low even though I had a higher FSB. So after putting it to 12x with a 265 FSB, my memory is at 530mhz and the CPU is about 3.2ghz. So I'm happy with that. I think thats a good overclock for both memory and CPU. Heres my CPU-Z validation:

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=320987

so i take it your not going to sell the rig and by a dell.

glad you got it.

ud

Lol heck no! . Thanks I like it a lot, a big upgrade from my 754 pin 3200.