Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Lightbulb Re: PCPer Podcast with new Enhanced version

It was so nice to be able to re-subscribe to the PC Perspective and TWICH podcasts, and actually hear people being able to complete their own sentences again without being rudely interrupted. Even with the SKYPE issues of this recent edition it was great to be able to listen to the folks who are some of the best and brightest at tech reviews, it'll be nice to have it back on the weekly list. Thanks!

Re: PCPer Podcast with new Enhanced version

Call me insane - but I miss Colleen's input on both shows already

well i enjoy watching the video even though i might not be there live, its kind of like DVR. i wake up, have my coffee and cereal well i watch you guys rambling on about awesome computer stuff. i love twit and pcper but sometimes i think you could use some coffee, get a little excited and animated. like this stuff is amazing you could blow brains out with these speeds. well you get my point. i like to see more crazy computer stuff like 2 socket 20 gpu motherboard running off a nuclear bomb. Maybe my silly coffee getting to me but you get my point. i also feel like your fans are to chicken to call in lol find that funny or shy, low self-esteem? anyways it is all good, still smiling. miss crazy colleen though but you guys will adapt and take your places where need to be. not sure why i am writing so much so all stop. great coffee by the way

FROM Ben in Maine

Hey guys, love the podcast

Id say this is a question for alyn the RAID guru.

So Im chafing to dive into the world of SSDs. Im currently running an NVIDIA 780i that I will be upgrading to an i5/i7 shortly and my concern regards TRIM commands combined with RAID. Id like to save money now and order a single smaller SSD with plans of creating a multi drive RAID 0 death wish array within a year or so., Is it still the case that most controllers wont pass TRIM commands through to a RAIDED SSD. I read a future intel chipset will solve this. True? What about an Areca card? Will any current or future cards remedy the issue? I know the Western Digital SSDs have onboard TRIM, would these or a similar technology allow TRIM while in RAID?

Any thoughts or hardware suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

Ryan & company,

Regarding the OnLive discussion in ep. 109. Did you guys ever think that the 3-year limitation for games might be coming from a support standpoint?

Eventually OnLive's rendering farm will get old and need to be upgraded in order to keep up with newer games (and to maintain a ~60fps framerate). Legacy games tend to not work so easily with newer hardware (hence people have developed tools like glide wrappers and such). I was thinking that OnLive might just be trying to cover their own tails should they hit an issue rendering older games that may no longer be supported by (game/hardware/software) developers.

...just a thought.

Sure 3 years seems a bit short, but I would suspect that this will only happen on rare occasions. *shrugs*
    Last edited by ToiT; 06-22-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Podcast #112 was an absolute classic and #113 was almost as good. You guys had me in stitches. Vintage Josh!

Keep up the great work.

I second Josh's recommendation for the Grado SR125i headphones, only I would add that it is worth buying the ($20) L-cush earpads for more refined look and sound experience.

http://www.amazon.com/Grado-L-Cush-L...9902645&sr=8-1

Hi guys,your page for podcast 117 has the video of podacast 116 attached to it, I prefer the video as I'm waiting to see if Josh has got his silk smoking jacket yet...lol

For the first time ever, I got behind in my podcasts ...just watching #116 now, but thanks for the great laugh (Ken?) with the Beastie Boys intro substitution.
    All this time, I wondered if anyone else thought the intro music for pcper's podcast & the Sabotage intro sounded quite similar; I guest it's been acknowledged now, lol! Keep up the good work, love the podcast and the uber editing!

I'm gonna post my follow-up with the Final Fantasy Benchmarking e-mail.

Ryan said he got a score in the 2000s with their hardware at the PC Per offices.

I tried the benchmark on my i7-860 + GTX 470 hardware and got 3677 points at 1080p and 5793 points at 720p.

I really do guess this is an ATI issue in it getting not as much points on hardware like a 5870 (which is what I believe Ryan tested the benchmark on) and that the Fermi architecture is somehow more capable to run the benchmark.

All this time, I wondered if anyone else thought the intro music for pcper's podcast & the Sabotage intro sounded quite similar; I guest it's been acknowledged now, lol!
    Yup, I noticed it too, well before the episode came out. I'll have to check it out if they actually put that song into a real legit podcast...
    Last edited by JackVancouverBC; 08-26-2010 at 02:24 AM.

----
    PC #1:

also see profile System Specs and Mods Rigs link
    ----
    PC #2: Lenovo X200t 7449-9EU
    Core 2 Duo SL9400 1.86Ghz
    Intel GS45 chipset - 4500MHD Graphics
    Corsair 2x2GB DDR3-1333 @ 1066 8-8-8-20
    Intel X25-V 40GB
    Wacom Penabled (only MS programs)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Regarding Podcast 122
    1:03:20 Email from Stephen about a new cooler

Try the Noctua NH-D14. It's huge, but very silent and very effective. You may want to check the specs (which are in great detail) at the Noctua site to make sure that it will not interfere with your RAM, but man - these guys make superb quality products, very impressed!

Unhappy Re: PCPer Podcast with new Enhanced version

Podcast withdrawals...please help!

Reality: Playground for the unimaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by ThorAxe View Post
    Podcast withdrawals...please help!
    Hopefully you feel better after last night

Quote Originally Posted by molestedbyasus View Post
    Hopefully you feel better after last night
    I will as soon as I get the chance to listen to it....Perth timezone.

Thanks guys.

For episode #137, check the link for the mp3 download. You've currently got it set to link to http://pcper-podcasts.s3.amazonaws.com/podcast176.mp3 which obviously doesn't work. The correct address should be http://pcper-podcasts.s3.amazonaws.com/podcast137.mp3.

I'm listening to it right now on the 137 link which makes sense since it's episode 137. Thanks for the podcasts.