Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Reality: Playground for the unimaginative.

Re: PCPer Podcast with new Enhanced version

Quote Originally Posted by j3g View Post
    Do you know that the video on your website from viddler has an audio problem? Maybe its just me but the sound is only from L channel. All epsiodes are this way. (BTW, the intro is in stereo, then the discussions go back to left channel only)
    Is that what it is!!!! I though I was going nuts because I can hear it fine everywhere but at work, where I have everything set up on the right channel so I only have one earphone in.

My work around was to start up any stereo Viddler show, then our podcast .. seems to confuse Viddler enough I can hear myself babble at Ryan, Josh, Allyn and Colleen.
    Last edited by molestedbyasus; 07-10-2009 at 05:51 PM.

My first listen to this podcast. Was most impressed with the depth of the reviews, lots of stuff I really don't get in audio on other shows. I so want that Gigabyte AM3 board mentioned but here in the UK it's a whopping 70 (That's about $114) which is still too much for me to consider being the cheap arse that I am.

I was a bit miffed with Colleen sounding a bit pompous but then reading the comments here I can see now that Colleen is multitasking herself to death, so it's a lot more understandable. Perhaps if this is a regular setup Colleen could let us know she is managing so much. For instance saying "I'm just checking on that" rather than silently doing it then jumping in as if you are correcting someone.

Hell I shouldn't really be giving advice, I know nothing about doing a show like this but having read Colleens comment here I now really understand and will be happier listening in the future armed with this behind the scenes knowledge, without knowing what I read here, I'd still be mumbling to myself and it would detract me from listening as avidly. So that's the only reason I bring it up now.

I think I'm hooked, this is in no way a negative comment, I really am liking this show, so huge thanks for putting something this geeky out there for moochers like me to come and grab for free.

am i missing something? thanx to my kid i missed show #066 and i cant find the video pod cast for this show
    http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=411.
    PC Perspective Podcast #66 - 07/123/09 small typo of 123 days...
    no video link to this show

and

i have found a page that shows both the twich show and the pcper pod cast, but the pcper video lonk takes you live to twit tv, what evers on atm.
    http://www.pcper.com/content_home.php?s=13

latest video podcast
    http://odtv.me/category/pc-per-podcast/

in pcper podcast 67
    AMD has had just as many windows 7 drivers as NVIDIA
    AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition, GA-MA790FX-DS5, HD 4870 512MB GDDR5, OCZ Gold XTC 4GB PC6400 Dual Channel (2x2GB), VelociRaptor 150GB , Corsair 620HX 620W, Windows 7 Ultimate RC 64-bit

Waiting for the downloadable audio version. Any idea why the delay

(Oh btw, I am new here. Hi! Regular listener of podcast though).

any idea why i get an error truncated audio trying to play 67

0729-pcper67 116 mb file
    P5Q Deluxe
    Intel QX 6700
    8 GB OCZ
    60 GB Vertex drive
    ATI 5850
    SILENCER 610 WATT

Just watched the last podcast, loved the video interjections Colleen you should make them a regular part of the show!

Hi Ryan, is there any chance of getting the podcast as a video download? I don't always have time to watch it on my PC so I would like to download it and put it on my Zen to watch on the way to work etc.

Anyone else hearing a second podcast in the background? I think it's Ryan's Eyefinity review, I can hear him talking and then a ton of Left 4 Dead being played. It's pretty distracting. It goes on for like the first 30 minutes at least.

edit: (This is for Podcast #75)
    Last edited by Dynotaku; 09-25-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynotaku View Post
    Anyone else hearing a second podcast in the background? I think it's Ryan's Eyefinity review, I can hear him talking and then a ton of Left 4 Dead being played. It's pretty distracting. It goes on for like the first 30 minutes at least.

I think one of them was watching the various Eyefinity videos in the background and their mic was picking it up.

BTW that Apple adapter they mention for Displayport to DVI appears to be passive. I made the same mistake at first ("What's he talking about, $99? Here's a cable for $8 at monoprice.") but then I realized he said ACTIVE adapter is required. As it turns out if the videocard can generate a timing signal through the displayport you can use one of the cheap cables. Since the whole reason you have to use the displayport is that the 5870 can only generate 2 timing signals that means you need an active one (it'll require power).

I haven't personally tried it, but this one is powered by a USB plug, and appears to be what you would need for the 5870:
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...namitedata.com

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...DTV-cables.jpg

Edit: Oops. Guess I should listen to the WHOLE thing before commenting instead of commenting while I was still listening. Turns out somebody else mentioned the Dell adapter as well.
    Last edited by Ualdayan; 09-25-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Episode 75 was the best show yet. Lucid Logic's chip seems almost too good to be true.

I'd just like to clarify that there is no difference in sound quality between between LPCM and bit-steaming to an amplifier. It is safer to send the audio as LPCM and have the receiver set to Direct or Pure mode to bypass any unnecessary DSP's that manufacturers like to add to amps. Unless I am missing something I can't see any advantage that the HD5870 has in being able to bit-stream audio.

Quote Originally Posted by djotter View Post
    Hi Ryan, is there any chance of getting the podcast as a video download? I don't always have time to watch it on my PC so I would like to download it and put it on my Zen to watch on the way to work etc.
    We are hoping to do so in the not-too-distant future!
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

Quote Originally Posted by Ualdayan View Post
    I think one of them was watching the various Eyefinity videos in the background and their mic was picking it up.

BTW that Apple adapter they mention for Displayport to DVI appears to be passive. I made the same mistake at first ("What's he talking about, $99? Here's a cable for $8 at monoprice.") but then I realized he said ACTIVE adapter is required. As it turns out if the videocard can generate a timing signal through the displayport you can use one of the cheap cables. Since the whole reason you have to use the displayport is that the 5870 can only generate 2 timing signals that means you need an active one (it'll require power).

I haven't personally tried it, but this one is powered by a USB plug, and appears to be what you would need for the 5870:
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...namitedata.com

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...DTV-cables.jpg

Edit: Oops. Guess I should listen to the WHOLE thing before commenting instead of commenting while I was still listening. Turns out somebody else mentioned the Dell adapter as well.
    Yup, thanks for the link though.
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

Yes,I hear that also. I really enjoy the podcast BTW.

Ryan talked about his video showing 3 x 30" panels.
    Then about 4 minutes into the podcast, it sounds like "someone" started watching that video but didn't mute the audio.

I wonder who that "someone" was...
    Any guess as to whom that might have been Colleen???

BTW, The background audio became so distracting I had to stop listening.
    Last edited by Blain; 09-26-2009 at 01:34 PM.
    ...in search of the biggest bang for the buck!