Thread: max htt

max htt

hi, wondered what htt it is possible to get a dfi ultra d too with no mods?

chipset and ldt voltages maxed I can only get 360 htt, I will try for more though but dont think anything will come of it.

Re: max htt

Wa?

What version of CPU-Z is that? It should show the HTT link as the lowest figure on the LH column, instead of "Rated FSB". Your HTT is the bus x CPU/HTT ratio. With that CPU you'll struggle to get much over 1000.

M

its the latest version of cpu-z mate, I think its 1.44.1. I downloaded it earlier because it wouldn't let me verify cpu-z with my older version I previously had.

I think I need to re-phrase what I was asking.

basically I was asking what the highest bus speed to expect from a DFI Ultra D is, mine goes to 360MHz, but no further - was hoping for 400 but got nowhere near - I set the HTT Multiplier to 2X as it was a bit over 1000MHz when set to 360 x 3 - 1080MHz and this CPU doesnt like it at all over the 1000MHz threshold.

Thanks,
    Ben.

Makes more sense now - and it looks like CPU-Z has given up on AMD and geared itself entirely to Intel! (I'm still on 1.41.)

But yes, the total HTT link will probably not exceed 1000 - that was always the magic figure for S939 (AM2 can go higher - 1200 is easy, 1400 a bit harder there). I seem to remember that my SLI-D keeled over at about 900, but that's a while ago. And it doesn't matter anyway, apart from bragging rights: as with all A64, it's absolute CPU speed that counts, no matter what combination gets you there.

M