Crouched behind a camera with a wide lens

Issues with Microsoft Wireless Keyboard

Hey all, I've got a problem that is driving me up the wall. I've got a wireless keyboard and mouse combo (Wireless Natural MultiMedia Keyboard and Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0). The receiver is sitting not a foot a way from both devices (one receiver for both) and I'm still getting low signal quality, even with a fresh set of batteries. It's not too noticeable on the mouse, but I was playing BF2, and when I'm running I'll suddenly stop (the keyboard loses it's connection) and I have to release the 'w' key and press it down again to start running. It's really aggravating, enough so that I unpluged this rather expensive combo and hooked up a standard ps/2 keyboard and usb mouse to play. Any suggestions?

Re: Issues with Microsoft Wireless Keyboard

Have you still got the warranty on it and receipt? Might just be a manufacturer's fault.

If you have what i think you have, u press the main button then the keyboard button then the main button then the mouse button? Try resetting that again. Check the connections
    Eat right. Stay fit. Die anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by clawhammer View Post
    Hey all, I've got a problem that is driving me up the wall. I've got a wireless keyboard and mouse combo (Wireless Natural MultiMedia Keyboard and Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0). The receiver is sitting not a foot a way from both devices (one receiver for both) and I'm still getting low signal quality, even with a fresh set of batteries. It's not too noticeable on the mouse, but I was playing BF2, and when I'm running I'll suddenly stop (the keyboard loses it's connection) and I have to release the 'w' key and press it down again to start running. It's really aggravating, enough so that I unpluged this rather expensive combo and hooked up a standard ps/2 keyboard and usb mouse to play. Any suggestions?
    I know how you feel, I spent $70 on the M$ confort curve keyboard, and while the keyboard works fine, the mouse was a total POS.
    It would freeze up, and the only way to correct it is to pull the batteries out, and re insert the batteries.
    I would have taken it back, but I threw the mouse against the wall.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

I've done the whole reconnect thing. This is actually my second set (my dog chewed through the cord to the receiver on the first) so I may pull the old keyboard out and see if it works any better.

Try lithium batteries. I think their the best, not sure. But i bought a 50 pack of these dodgy batteries and my mouse needs the batteries changed every month, pretty annoying especially when you think its the game.

I'm pretty sure it lithium batteries. It might be a different problem all together but yeah it appears wireless keyboards/mouses use up a lot of power.
    Eat right. Stay fit. Die anyway.

*Revives dead post so perhaps some answers will come in *
    And when I'm running I'll suddenly stop (the keyboard loses it's connection) and I have to release the 'w' key and press it down again to start running.
    Omg, that is exactly what happens to me, except I am using Comfort Curve 2000 Wireless. No interfearences between the receiver and keyboard. Still looking around for answer, will post if I find anything

EDIT:I fixed it Turns out the receiver was the problem, I shall type out the before and after .
    BEFORE:

[Computer Screen] (Receiver)

|Keyboard| ( Mouse)

NOW:

[Computer Screen]

(Receiver\ <Its not been rotated 90degrees

|Keyboard| ( Mouse)

Hope it helps
    Last edited by Lann094; 07-13-2008 at 06:50 AM.

wow, so talk about reviving an old dead thread. So, to fix the problem you put the receiver inbetween the monitor and keyboard? what do you mean by 'Not rotated 90 degrees'?

The problem is sporadic, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Right now, it's happening again

wow, so talk about reviving an old dead thread. So, to fix the problem you put the receiver inbetween the monitor and keyboard? what do you mean by 'Not rotated 90 degrees'?

The problem is sporadic, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Right now, it's happening again
    Alrighty, to start off it was next to my monitor, and you know how the reciever's egg shaped? Mine had the logest side pointing mainly to mouse, keyboard was directly in front of monitor.

Sooo, I tried moving reciever around, and put it so the long side is in front of monitor (The angle wouldn't really matter) So that its equal distance from keyboard and mouse. Sooo glad I managed to fix it, got the orange box recently (Game pack with all first person shooters, moving with w,a,s,d.)

That makes sense. I'll have to try that. How do you like Portal? My friend has showed it to me, but I don't think I'd have the patience for it.

That makes sense. I'll have to try that. How do you like Portal? My friend has showed it to me, but I don't think I'd have the patience for it.
    Omg Portal's my favourite o_O. Lol, took me 3 days to download it, our internet plan went over the alotted usage, so the download speed was slowed massively. The thing I hate about it is it's reeally short, only took me 3hrs. Tf2 has to be my next favourite though, so glad my keyboard's better for it, or I'd really suck :S