Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Zip's"What have I missed ?" part 2

Well there has been some improvement! The new 3dMark03 score is 20029. What I noticed that the other scores were higher(with equal or less system) all resided in there Vid card overclocking. So I installed NTune and it seems to work well, pushed my 3dmark score up by a couple thousand. I currently have the mem command rate is set at 1t even through in the bios I have it set at 2t(don,t know what's up with that) any ideas?
    Give me yesterday, you can have tomorrow !!!

Well I did it now, tried to push a little further and now were hopefully reformatting and re loading XP as i type. How long should the set up take to examine disk? Seems like its taking a long time. I also had to restart several times becuz it wouldn't get pass the bios start up. Any ideas?

what happened or what did you see that caused you to reload windows?

ud

wouldn't boot. Then I tried to repair, but couldn't do that either, said I was missing NTLR file. Then I couldn't setup xp either until I pulled the battery and I also switched the sata plug. I might have jumped the gun on reformatting and trying to reload xp, I probably could have tried a few other things but no big deal she's back up and running. I think I,ve pushed this board as far as she'll go.

said I was missing NTLR file
    when you see that and have been oc'n. drop the htt 10 or bump the vcore. i've fallen for that a few times myself.

ud

Yeah I did that, and I also tried optimal settings and I reset cmos. I also think I might have a prob with the hd drive as Lifeguard was trying to test the drive and BSOD(forgot to write error number down). But seems to be alright now. Well see I don't have much time to mess with it and also my Asus M2n-sli-e board is coming back from RMA today so I have to decide which board I,ll keep as back up.