Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thumbs up Re: Should I upgrade my socket 939 CPU?

Good job ! Really sorry the seller did a poor job packing but it all worked out. I believe you are done and those are good temps too. Congrats !

Re: Should I upgrade my socket 939 CPU?

Cool 'n Quiet is basically CPU speed, not fan speed. It shouldn't make any difference which fan header you have it plugged into. You can always make (or purchase) a three pin fan header adapter/extension to allow you to plug it into the CPU fan header if you want. They are easy to make and I would imagine you have the parts to make one. If not, send me a PM with your address and I'll send you one. I have a bunch of old fans that conked out and various adapters and could rig one up in a few minutes no charge (I might even have a finished one laying around here someplace). I solder all kinds of adapters and extension to make things work they way I want/need them to. What you are looking for is something like this, but only a couple of inches long.

Don
    R.I.P Brad (BWM). You will be missed.

Re: Should I upgrade my socket 939 CPU?

Quote Originally Posted by MrNovi View Post
    Cool 'n Quiet is basically CPU speed, not fan speed. It shouldn't make any difference which fan header you have it plugged into. You can always make (or purchase) a three pin fan header adapter/extension to allow you to plug it into the CPU fan header if you want. They are easy to make and I would imagine you have the parts to make one. If not, send me a PM with your address and I'll send you one.
    D'oh! That's right, you told me before. Sorry, totally slipped my mind. In that case, I guess I'm ok with what I did. Thanks for the offer anyway, Don. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by supercat View Post
    Good job ! Really sorry the seller did a poor job packing but it all worked out. I believe you are done and those are good temps too. Congrats !
    Thanks, supercat. Don't worry about the eBay thing. Considering the low price I paid and how it turned out, I think I got a great deal, though I'll be sure next time to get very specific packaging details from the seller.