Good Overclocking results?

I just finished my overclocking "adventure" and just wanted to submit my results and any get any comments/suggestions. So here's my setup:

X2 5000BE
    MSI 8800gt
    Biostar TF560+
    G.Skill 2GB DDR800
    GameXTreme 700w

So I started overclocking on my processor and found, like most everyone, hit a wall at 3.2ghz. So I settled with 264x12 = 3.17ghz and that put my RAM at 528mhz at 5-5-5-15. I then went to the 8800gt and got 735/1040. I found that I could go higher in my overclock but my highest score in 3dmark was with that O/C. Kinda peculiar but I was thinking it was because it was throttling down cause it was to high? maybe someone could explain this .

At the begging of all this I tried to tighten up my timings on my memory but found that every time I enabled "advanced" options in the memory page, even setting it to the default settings of 5-5-5-15, I couldn't even POST. Never figured it out so I just stuck with a higher frequency. Given the RAM is only $50 I am happy with it.

Heres a link to CPU Validation, and GPU Validation

I got a 3dmark 06 score of 11,177.
    Ran ORTHOS for 20hr.

Thanks for reading! Any comments appreciated!

Shane

Re: Good Overclocking results?

hi pal i got a post under yours i got the 6400 at stock 3.2 do you think all the amds can only go to 3.2 or could dthe 6400 go higher u think your opinion would mean a lot and also as i am a complete newbie to the oc scene if yu could make any suggestions for me. And have you used a programme called amd overdrive?

heres my specs asus m2n32sli, 4gb xms 800mhz corsair ram, 8800gt, 250gb seagate barracuda, 160gb wdcaviar, 600watt ocz stealth xtreme, nzxt lexa case. and i only got a 3do6 score of 10982 with the card overclocked a little bit (692mhz) tried 702 but system crashed

No they can go higher than 3.2, there are people claiming to get 3.5-3.6 with the 6400. A score of 10982 isn't bad I think, but I think you'd see a little boost in performance with a little overclock. I never used AMD Overdrive, tried it but it never really worked on my system. I hear it's pretty good though! I just used the old fashion bios . Theres many links here at the forum for beginners guides to overclocking, reading them helps a lot! Heres the link:
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=390368
    I think a reason why I can O/C my video card so high is because of the after market cooler, I got the MSI 8800gt which comes with a good cooler.