Any program to change FSB Clock in Vista x64?

I want to overclock my cpu a bit but my motherboard doesn't have any options to change FSB. Theres no option to change the multiplier either but I'm pretty sure my cpu is locked. Anyway I'm looking for a program to change the FSB within Vista x64. I can't use AMD Overdrive as I don't have a 7 series chipset.

Re: Any program to change FSB Clock in Vista x64?

If BIOS doesn't allow it (I assume we're talking an OEM like Dell here?) then it's going to be difficult. SpeedFan is the only obvious candidate. I'm assuming nTune only works on nVidia chipsets? I've never bothered to use it even on them, so I don't know.

M

No its a micro-atx MSI board, my goal with the build was to make a very quiet and energy efficient hence the lower power BE-2350. Now I'm reading about people getting this cpu up to 3ghz with an FSB increase and a modest voltage boost and its really tempting!! I have the newest available bios flash. I tried speedfan and I can't find my clock in the list, Realtek RTM870T

As far as I know, there is no software yet, and may not be for some time. Vista is very protective.

Read an AMD overclocking sticky. All will apply, with any adjustments for ddr2 you have to make (different voltages, timings, divider is 1/2 multi (+1 if remainder) etc.

Basically you raise Htt clock speed and adjust voltages and/or slow other busses as needed. As far as I know, there is no software yet, and may not be for some time.
    Last edited by TheGlasMan; 03-29-2008 at 11:57 PM.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)