Can't figure out how to get memory to 1:1

Hi all. I've finally set up my new system and with everything at stock all seems to be running very well. Here are my specs

Gigabyte EX38 DS4
    Intel Xeon E3110 at stock for now (9x333 with 1.225V)
    2GB (2x1GB) Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 (bought back in nov. and its double sided)
    MSI NX8800GT
    Maxtor 320GB SATAII HDD
    El cheapo external dvd burner
    Corsair HX520W
    Vista64 Home Premium

I've gone into bios and disabled C1E, EIST, and CIA2. I've upped my DDR voltage to the reccomended of 2.2V and manually changed the timings to 4-4-4-12. My question is concerning how to get it to run 1:1 with the cpu. CPUID shows that it is running a ratio FSB: DRAM of 5:6. I'm confused on how to achieve the 1:1. Currently the system memory multiplier is set to Auto and so is the memory frequency. There is a listing of x.xxA,B,C, and D but I am lost as to what to set it to. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    dgb1891

Re: Can't figure out how to get memory to 1:1

Don't worry about setting the Ram 1 to 1 with the cpu frequency like you needed to do with the old Socket 462 (A) AMD systems. Current technology performs best when the Men is set as close as possible to it's rating (for PC6400 it would be 800). Running the ram at an actual 333 would seriously degrade the overall performance as well as the memory bandwidth. I'm not at home so I don't have access to an Intel board at the moment, but I believe that your 5:6 setting should be running the cpu at it's 333 setting and the ram at it's 800 spec which would be optimal for your system.

Of course if you intend to OC the cpu or the ram you can increase that performance. In that case you run the ram at the highest setting it can run at without errors.

Don
    R.I.P Brad (BWM). You will be missed.

Thanks for the quick response MrNovi. Will it be alright to leave the memroy frequency and memory mulitplier to auto when I do decide to overclock?

I actually already have once but just to see if it would be stable or not and then took it back down to stock. I upped the FSB to 400 and left the multiplier at 9x which resulted 3.6Ghz. The only thing I was a little scared of was taking the voltage to 1.27 just to get it stable with Orthos for over an hour.

When you overclock the cpu you also overclock the ram. Depending on how fast that ram is capable of running you may or may not need to dial it back it a bit. If it was Orthos stable at 3.6 then the mem is more than likely okay at that speed, I would download Memtest86 to test the ram for errors at that speed.

As for needing 1.27 vcore to run 3.6GHz. I wish mine would do that. I need 1.38 to run 3.0GHz. As long as temps are under control let 'er rip. Use CoreTemp or RealTemp to monitor them.

Don
    R.I.P Brad (BWM). You will be missed.

Thanks again!