Unhappy Well, I did it now.....

Just kidding!!

I went and had my meeting and first flight!

It was awesome! I helped with everything. Taxi, take off, in flight, and landing. The actual flying was easier than I thought it would be. The studying of procedures and practicing is going to be the hard part. I thought I might get a little nervous flying in such a small aircraft, but that didn't happen at all...

The school is really set up. He's got 3 simulators that he built and had approved by the FAA so that 10 hours of my sim time will count toward my logged flight time. That will definitely save me some money on aircraft rental. He's got 3 aircraft for school use, 2 single engine and one dual. He teaches from scratch, like me, all the way up to instructor level. He doesn't p*ssyfoot around either, which I like. He's an old Russian Army Sargent, so I'll be getting my a** kicked around. Perfect....

I'm all set up on Thursdays and Sundays to fly and I can come in and use the simulator anytime that the buildings open. His office doesn't even have to be open for me to study and practice on the sim....

This is going to be freakin killer!

Re: Well, I did it now.....

Nice stuff there Afterburner !

But don't be too quick to light that afterburner, will you

Go for it !

( I would have liked to be a flyer too, it 's more difficult to learn here and certainly it was when I was young. )

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

Congrats! I'm just starting my flight instruction as well. I work for an FAR135 cargo company that flies Cessna 210's and Beechcraft Barons (mostly 58's) that are way older than I am. Cargo-wise, we mostly fly medical and bank work. The best part? Since there's no autopilot (it was removed after one of our pilots fell asleep and was apparently headed for England), our pilots are always glad to have me ride with them so they can sleep, read magazines, play their PSP, etc. Free seat time FTW (especially in the Barons).

Oh, and as I type this, our company's instructor wanted me to tell you that, although our plans are almost 40 years old, and things break on airplanes once in a while, to this very day, we have NEVER left one up there.

Way to go Steve!

Man, I'll tell ya, wait'll ya get into the FAA rules/regs.

Those are a royal pain in the arse!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgreif View Post
    Congrats! I'm just starting my flight instruction as well. I work for an FAR135 cargo company that flies Cessna 210's and Beechcraft Barons (mostly 58's) that are way older than I am. Cargo-wise, we mostly fly medical and bank work. The best part? Since there's no autopilot (it was removed after one of our pilots fell asleep and was apparently headed for England), our pilots are always glad to have me ride with them so they can sleep, read magazines, play their PSP, etc. Free seat time FTW (especially in the Barons).

Oh, and as I type this, our company's instructor wanted me to tell you that, although our plans are almost 40 years old, and things break on airplanes once in a while, to this very day, we have NEVER left one up there.
    Is he offering me a job already?!?!

Hey, Brad. Can't be any worse than the DOT regs. They can be hell too sometimes!

Yeah, but you have the burn to fly so you won't have any trouble with it

Crouched behind a camera with a wide lens

Dude, I am so totally jealous. Got to fly once a half dozen years ago in a small plane, we got to take the stick for a little, boy was it fun. My friend is going to school in hopes of becoming a pilot. I just hope he takes me up with him once he gets his license. Have fun up there!

Cool Beans BRO.

Cool beans make the best..... well..... never mind