Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron Final!

Quote Originally Posted by MrNovi View Post
    Not a lot. There are a few games that run well in Linux, but for the most part gaming is a Windows experience.
    Check out Savage2. I downloaded the Linux bin file and all I can say os OMG... The graphics and game play on this game are awesome. The Linux binary DOES NOT play second chair to ANY GAMING SYSTEM.
    MSI K8N Neo4/SLI Platinum (3.11 BIOS)
    Athlon 64 X2 4800+ (Toledo) 2.6 GHz
    Corsair 850w Power Supply
    3 Sunon BB 80mm Case fans
    4.0 GB Crucial DDR
    2 x 74 GB WD740 Raptors SATA
    2 x 250 GB Hitachi SATA
    Pioneer DVR-115D
    Plextor 880SA
    nVidia - MSI 8800 GT OC
    Ubuntu 10.10

I'm playing around with a Hardy Heron Xubuntu distro right now on one of my laptops. Its definitely becoming my new fav Ubuntu clone I think.

CPU-Z My Heat
    Request Granted. Safe Passage Guaranteed via JimZ

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post

but it does mean at the very least agreeing a common, simple method to install software that does not use the command line.

M
    well, my friend, it doesnt get much easier than ubuntu's add/remove for apps. i showed someone how to get new software with it, and this person knows very little of computers in general. all you do is check the little box and hit apply. easy enough?

the other day i downloaded some things for windows because of a client, and it was far from fun. first i had to google for it. and if you dont know your way around the net, you could easily wind up on a less than reputable site. second, i had to wade through several pages of advertising and getting you to buy the "pro" version. then when i finally saw the download button, it took me to yet another website. a couple more pages of bull and i was actually downloading it. done yet? not quite. to make this story shorter, i hit "next" about 8 times and had to uncheck a bunch of extra garbage it wanted to install. actually, it makes me sick to my stomach to write about it. im done.

i ask you again, what's easier, ubuntu or windows? i think you know the answer.
    Ubuntu User #15003
    Linux User #448521

AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.4ghz/8GB DDR3/NvidiaGT430/Ubuntu 11.10