Help Find XP drivers for my Gateway T-1628 Laptop?

Hi, my laptop came with vista and i hated it so i threw xp pro sp2 on it and i've got most of the drivers installed but i cannot find a good working xp driver for the audio? And there are a few other unknown devices. I think i need chipset drivers. The chipset is the ATI RS690. The audio is High Definition Audio Device... And i think it's Sigmatel or something but Noting works! Thank YOU! please Help!

Re: Help Find XP drivers for my Gateway T-1628 Laptop?

Have you tried this one ?
    http://support.gateway.com/support/d...&uid=195060570

There is also a modem on the unit, which might be the other missing drivers, but if you are not using it you should be able to disable it.

Yeah I'll try that driver, i've already downloaded a bunch of drivers and i always get Device Cannot Start (Code 10) But it installs Successfully but can't ever start?

OMG thanks dude! ok i've glot 5 more drivers that are not installed. One is the modem, one is the HDMI audio device, and the rest are unknown. I'm guessing they may be Chipset related? All the unknown devices say Microsoft ACPI Compliant Embedded Controller? The chipset is the ATI RS690 and they should take care of the HDMI audio device as well. Please help me find the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Have you tried this one ?
    http://support.gateway.com/support/d...&uid=195060570

There is also a modem on the unit, which might be the other missing drivers, but if you are not using it you should be able to disable it.

The T-1628 is almost identical to the T-1620 I believe...similar chipset and graphics.
    This thread should help you out
    http://www.computerforum.com/103746-gateway-t1620.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ino View Post
    i just installed xp..

i have 4 ?! unknown on my device manager:

audio device on high definition audio bus
    unknown device
    unknown device
    unknown device

i also have a removable disk which can be seen on my computer and a safety remove hardware on my system tray.

mic not working, buttons not working

any updates?
    The audio device on high definition audio bus refers to the hdmi audio output. If your windows sound works fine and if you won't be using HDMI to hook ur laptop up to an HDTV, it's safe to Disable this device. Since i have a Gateway t-1628 and those are the same devices i have left but my computer works great with all 4 of those "unknown devices" Disabled. I would like to know what those 3 Unknown Devices" are though... They said they are Microsoft ACPI Compliant Embedded Controller. Actually i realized that i don't have the modem driver installed. Where can i find that driver? I have 5 devices disabled and my computer works great. There's One thing that ticks me off the is the GPU Core and memory clocks Are supposed to be running at 400mhz Core clock and 200mhz Memory clock and in GPUZ it says the core is at 57mhz and memory is at 401mhz. PC Wizard 2008 says that the GPU core clock is running at 171mhz and the memory is at 401mhz... Here's is what PC Wizard says. I copied it. This GPU Core speed is not at it's Proper Speed, Therefore Your NOT getting proper 3d performance as what it's Meant to be running at... So ur getting Significantly Reduced 3d performance out of ur Graphics Card. Please use GPUZ and PC Wizard 2008 to see what ur GPU is running at and Post what it says Please! THANK YOU By The Way i think a VIDEO BIOS UPDATE Might fix these clock problems, where could i find a new Video Bios update for this chipset/ graphics adapter? Also GPUZ and PC Wizard 2008 say that my chipset is the RS690M, But wikipedia says that the RS690M would have the Radeon X1250 but my Laptop says it's the Radeon X1270... Is there something i missing? Anywho even if it was an x1250 it should be at 350mhz. PLEASE, Anyone have any insight on this odd "situation/ conclusion"?

GPU Information :
    Number of GPU : 1
    Codename : RS690M
    Memory Type : SDRAM
    GPU Frequency : 171.84 MHz - [initial : 400 MHz]
    Memory Frequency GPU : 400.96 MHz - [initial : 200 MHz]
    DirectX Support : 9.0c
    Pixel Shader Version : 2.0

This Came Directly From wikipedia

RS690M AMD M690 chipset February 2007 Turion 64 X2,
    Athlon 64 X2 mobile 80nm, 800mhz FSB Radeon X700 IGP
    (Radeon X1250, 350 MHz), AVIVO, HDCP, no HDMI SB600 A-Link Express II Mobile chipset
    Powerplay 7.0

RS690T AMD M690T chipset February 2007 Turion 64 X2,
    Athlon 64 X2 mobile 80nm, 800mhz FSB Radeon X700 IGP
    (Radeon X1270, 400 MHz), AVIVO, HDMI with HDCP SB600 A-Link Express II Mobile chipset
    Powerplay 7.0

Hemet, California (Mandatory age 65 + area, like Palm Springs)

You just need to sort out the chip set and determine what drivers can be found for it. Start here http://www.vr-zone.com/index.php?i=4592 Your MB chip set uses the Azalia HD Audio. Additionally you can find lots of drivers here
    http://www.driversupdate.org/?gclid=...FQkvgwodMxo3fA

Good luck, I think you can find what you need with a little patience

When working on a friend's T-1628 laptop I found that the following audio drivers will work for Windows XP on the machine (we used a WinXP Pro disc, not Home).

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=21374&dscr=SigmaTel%20Audio%20DriverVersion:%205.10.5185.0&uid=199877524

I hope that helps... As for the three "unknown" items... We've got no clue on those. And when we took a closer look there's a "Serial" (port, I assume) that's showing up in the hardware manager as being installed but "not present" physically.... I don't know what that's all about either.

But all the rest seems to work (got ATI drivers from AMD's website, the Wifi from Realtek's site, and all the rest from the maker's site(s) or from the Gateway "Vista-only" (some of the state they're for XP or Vista in the readme) drivers; and of course the sound with the driver found in the URL above.

I had a lot of help from posts in forums like this one so I figured I'd share that success we had with the sound with you guys!

Hugs-n-stuff

Pixie