How to increase laptop battery life?

i just bought a new laptop this year and i've noticed the battery life is about 1:30-2hours with the maximum battery savings profile set with ati power play enabled for battery life. I disabled as much devices as i could that i don't use. I have the amd turion x2 driver installed for it goes to 800mhz per core in savings mode. How can i Temporary disable the 2nd core or underclock/ undervoltage the cpu or gpu? It's a Gateway t1628 laptop with the turion x2 and 3gb of ddr2 memory, 250gig sata, webcam, etc. I'm rather upset with this laptops battery life since the ppl at bestbuy said it would last 4 hours or more... the computer came with vista, so i installed xp pro.

Re: How to increase laptop battery life?

Disabling wireless helps battery life.

My Dell has a setting in the BIOS so that when its on battery power the screen brightness goes down a few notches to save on battery.

it increases battery life 30min on mine if u turn brightness down. Wireless off makes about 10min... I need to disable one of the cores since it's using too much power running the cpu at 800mhz X2 @ 1,600mhz total. Watching movies and listening to music hardly uses any cpu power. How do i Globally disable the 2nd core on the processor?

well i found out a way to get like an hour and a half more out of the battery. I downloaded a free program called RMClock and i managed to get the processor down to 0.6625V from 1.5v and it runs stable and i have almost 2 more hours of battery power. Pretty cool. The AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 runs stable at 0.6625V but at 0.6500V it goes to BSOD so i'm happy! I noticed that the CPU speed dropped to 720mhz once only for a second, I wonder if there's a way to lock it in that/ or a slower Profile? Isn't there anyone out there that's Really smart with the stuff i'm trying to accomplish?