Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

this is unacceptable

one (yes i had a good teacher for part of the school-year, and my teacher the 2nd part of the school-year was (not) supposed to be learning from the good one and then the stupid one took over for the rest of the school year; same 8th grade class and all) of my algebra 1 teacher's skills and intelligence were wholly inadequate and unacceptble and it made me feel partially inadequate, b/c i used pencil like i was supposed to, and some people used pen and she took off 5 points (most things weren't 100 points) when i think she meant take off ~5 percent. she then had like about 1/3 of your grade be for not talking out when you're taking a test. people talked out, but i didn't. then she takes off 2 points for drawing arrows (i reversed 2 problems numbered positions) when the problem was 3 points and i did it perfectly.

then she didn't even realize that you could have an 81 on your test and that you'd get a mixed number worth of credit back when you corrected it for half the points you missed back. simply put, when i brought it too her attention right after the good teacher mentioned that you could get half credit back before the 1st test, she simply didn't even realize that you could get a rounded number of points back.

also, when there was a 40 answer test that was a 100 points, she took off only 1 point when you put any incorrect answer and 3 points when you didn't put an answer.

she gave a writing assignment one time also. It was ~1/4 of the quarterly grade, and it had nothing to do with math.

With teachers like that can you see why people aren't learning the subject material or are getting "F's" or both?

With teachers like that can't you see that the Dept. of Education should be abolished?

Likewise, in high school, girls would get suspended if they wore a skirt, as the school had a no skirt rule for awhile. When you get suspended you get zeroes, so you actually might be getting bad grades for wearing a skirt. i swear, I wish the people who came up with that rule would be put behind bars for a long time. Isn't it ridiculous when a school has that much power?

but wait a minute, that's not it.

Teachers may hit a student and then sue/press charges if the student hits back.

Do you think that that's acceptable?

Why do we stand for this?

Many educators need to be corrected or removed from their jobs permanantly, do they not?
    Last edited by vote ron paul; 06-02-2008 at 01:27 AM.

Re: this is unacceptable

Could you tell us where teachers are allowed to hit students?
    Your post was very hard to read, but I take it you are in 8th grade from what you typed?

Yea, what John C said.

Yes hitting is unacceptable, so are guys wearing skirts, except those dudes from Scotland and those cross dressers, I know they like to wear skirts.

Its high school man. Listen to the stupid rules, and play the teachers games and you will be all right.

Quote Originally Posted by vote ron paul View Post
    the Dept. of Education should be abolished?

Something else that you hate besides NVidia/Ati,Clinton/Obama, Xbox/Wii, etc. Good to see you going outside the box.

I wish the people who came up with that rule would be put behind bars for a long time. Isn't it ridiculous when a school has that much power?

Yeah, a high school with rules. It should be ran by the students.....like you.

Teachers may hit a student and then sue/press charges if the student hits back.

Do you think that that's acceptable?

Why do we stand for this?

Many educators need to be corrected or removed from their jobs permanantly, do they not?

Let`s just put it this way. You could never pay me enough to be a teacher these days. This thread is a perfect example of why.

Anybody thinking Columbine here?
    Last edited by scruff35; 06-02-2008 at 05:45 AM.

bloody complicated, how this teacher does things

High schools especially need damn rules, and the teachers need the authority to enforce them. Otherwise the rotten apples will make damn sure that no one learns anything. It was true back in the 50's and 60's and has only gotten worse since then. Students are supposed to be there to learn. Get rid of the idiots that don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff35 View Post
    Something else that you hate besides NVidia/Ati,Clinton/Obama, Xbox/Wii, etc. Good to see you going outside the box.
    HA
    Soy el caimán seis cincuenta.

Yawl take it easy on VRP, he's only 13. Besides, he's given us some classic threads!

ok so why are they not lettin girls wear skirts?

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    I remember when i was in high school, girls wernt supposed to ware skirts that did not reach their fingertips when they put there hands to the side.

More of a decency and non detraction measure i would say.

To funny. And folks wonder why my wife quit teaching many years ago.
    GO VIKES!

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Could you tell us where teachers are allowed to hit students?
    Your post was very hard to read, but I take it you are in 8th grade from what you typed?
    Quote Originally Posted by 'K- View Post
    Yawl take it easy on VRP, he's only 13. Besides, he's given us some classic threads!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEgo View Post
    I remember when i was in high school, girls wernt supposed to ware skirts that did not reach their fingertips when they put there hands to the side.

More of a decency and non detraction measure i would say.
    Thanks to everyone for their insight and compliments.
    Anyway, i'm a college student, but certainly not an english major. i'm a political science major, and so everyone should realize that I'm right about Ron Paul being the world's last hope.

Stupid people can definitely make it thru college even law school. It takes determination mainly, not intelligence. I get by thru a little bit of determination and a little bit of intelligence. more thru intelligence and my award-winning personality when people see me in person, rather than hard determination. I study less and write worse than anyone else at the university.

About the no skirt rule in high school, they initially had the fingertips rule, but then they banned skirts altogether.

Also, I know that it's normally only special ed teachers can touch students, but at the awful high school i'm a graduate of any teacher could hit someone and then sue/press charges.

Girls can't wear skirts because liberals rule the world and are unstoppable, most unfortunately. (public primary and secondary school educators ARE liberals, and we're not going to debate that in this thread since it's not TLR.)

I just noticed something. Lightning round was named so b/c it's initals are LR, which is a debate about whether left or right is better or if inbetween left and right is best.

I think it's mostly about the U.S.A. in there.