Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Working retail.....

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Ppl buying rigs at BB or CC most of the time arent gonna be folding or playing Crysis on it or OCing it. Whats available is fine for the average consumer.
    Right and that underscores my point. Most people don’t have any idea what they need and they get advice from people who don’t know either. I say again getting someone who knows what they are talking about at BB, CC, Frys, or any other retail store selling computers and Computer parts, is at best a fifty/fifty chance.

I learned after buying my first and last OEM PC (An NEC Ready 7022) back in 1996, that the best way to make sure you were getting what you want/need was to build it yourself. I am sure there are some people with great technical knowledge working at these retail outlets but I KNOW there are some that have NO clue. So what you often get is the blind leading the blind.

We’ve all read the threads here where a forum member goes into a retail store looking for a specific item like a video card only to have the salesman try and sell them a lower end card saying “Well this card has more Memory so it’s faster”.
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Only 3 cards I recommend are the 8800gt,9600 and radeon 3870

My responses are like what you got only the customer says that to me

In any case remember the industry,sometimes dont think the sales rep doesnt know what they are talking about. Keep in mind they have certain "prioritys" to sell.Lets just say some stuff has to go and its more focused on.Which is why in some cases you will see these kind of scenarios.
    Last edited by Poci; 06-06-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Only 3 cards I recommend are the 8800gt,9600 and radeon 3870

My responses are like what you got only the customer says that to me

In any case remember the industry,sometimes dont think the sales rep doesnt know what they are talking about. Keep in mind they have certain "prioritys" to sell.Lets just say some stuff has to go and its more focused on.Which is why in some cases you will see these kind of scenarios.
    Indeed, but again you make my point. I would be lucky to get someone like you if I were looking in a retail store, but you are an exception to the rule.
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

In this industry that doesnt matter (your product knowledge) either lol.

Good thing im good at running my mouth rofl

I've had interesting customer experiences.

One lady asked for vegetarian vegetables.

One guy went off about a cereal sale we had because the size for the promotion didn't have the flavor he wanted. The type of person that's threatening to sue the company out of business, etc.

I've had someone call and ask if we're open early in the morning, which we're open 24/7 except Christmas.

But, I always love when customers come and say "Well Wal-Mart has it."
    Yes, because Wally World has that item, obviously every one else does too.

I have a cousin that got some irate customer on the phone. They were cussing him out over a TV that broke and they'd purchased it there awhile back. He let them go on for a while and then told them something like "Thank you for your concern." *click*

Wow,what a day.Great untill I clocked out and was waiting outside.Manager comes up to me and tells me that if "blah blah blah doesnt improve in the department.Ill be transfered to another department".... Cant really tell details but Im sure those of you that work the industry live it every day.

At this point my mind is trying to comprehend these words.
    My response is "do I look like I know how ice a fridge can produce?"

He gets pissed and starts yelling at me.

In the end I might go back to doing what I first did with rigs cause he pointed towards the geeks

And the funniest and most ironic part is that the problems the deparment are having are not my fault,yet I have to take the s#$tlist.
    Last edited by Poci; 06-07-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Wow,what a day.Great untill I clocked out and was waiting outside.Manager comes up to me and tells me that if "blah blah blah doesnt improve in the department.Ill be transfered to another department".... Cant really tell details but Im sure those of you that work the industry live it every day.

At this point my mind is trying to comprehend these words.
    My response is "do I look like I know how ice a fridge can produce?"

He gets pissed and starts yelling at me.

In the end I might go back to doing what I first did with rigs cause he pointed towards the geeks

And the funniest and most ironic part is that the problems the deparment are having are not my fault,yet I have to take the s#$tlist.
    Well that sucks. It’s one thing to listen to customers complain and moan about thing’s but your manager should be supportive. Unfortunately most managers tend to have been promoted from within the system and really have no idea how to manage people.

Has nothing to do with complaints whats going on.

Its all about "what" we sell and "what" goes with it.

Like I said I have no problem acheiving this goal,its the rest of my team that are slacking and Pippen gets the blame (I dont wanna call myself Jordan )

Catch my analogy?

Only reason hes putting me on the s#$t list is cause Ive been on that list of his since he became a manager.