Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Re: Working retail.....

Haha only if the toaster uses any type of windows vista

That thing is my kryptonite.

Ohh boy,just remembered BF3..... DX10 only...... gonna have to go back to Vista

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Haha only if the toaster uses any type of windows vista

That thing is my kryptonite.

Ohh boy,just remembered BF3..... DX10 only...... gonna have to go back to Vista
    vista is a fine OS, i particularly like the 64bit flavor.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100

Same flavor here,and you know very well it pwned my mobos BIOS settings everytime I tryed to boot oced

Still a mystery on how to fix. Going back to XP is like having a weight lifted off my back.

Same flavor here,and you know very well it pwned my mobos BIOS settings everytime I tryed to boot oced

Still a mystery on how to fix. Going back to XP is like having a weight lifted off my back.
    you had to have done something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pimp my ride View Post
    i bought a computer at best buy, and when i got home and hooked everything up it wouldnt turn on

i took it apart and moved the wires around and it turned on then turned back off again

checked ALL of the connectors, then i tried turning it on, and it worked, but every once in a while it would start to go very slow and crash

took it back, and those geek squad people looked at it, and the same problem happened to them, one of the employees, who actually seemed fairly knowledgeable, said it sounded like a bad mobo, and went to get the manager of the geek squad department to get us a new computer, the manager was a COMPLETE •••• and asked to reproduce the problem, and it wouldnt work, when it turned on, it was going VERY slow (think about a p1 at 64mhz trying to run xp) and he was like oh well its just a software problem, and they reformatted the computer

we raised a bunch of hell at him and finally got him to replace the computer, except that they were out of the same model we had, and they tried to get us to take some AMD gateway, he said that the single core AMD was just as good and fast as the c2d

anyways, they had to drive 50 miles to get me a new computer

They charge $94/4gigs of data for data recovery. Know what they use? Norton Ghost or hook up the HDD as a slave/external drive to their test PC.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    Oh man, I just go to the store when the customer service person just gives me what I want and doesn't tell me what to get, very annoying when they turn into a salesman and forget the customer service part, I just want them to give me what I want and forget the crap about getting something better or more expensive.
    As a 'front line manager' i can tell you we fight this kind of shit tooth and nail behind the scenes. Corporate just says "add-ons ARE customer service!" Yeah, tell that to the (justly) fed-up customers we lose everyday to online sales. But your options are push the shit and get good numbers, or get fired.

Also, the customer that knows what they want and why is as rare as hens teeth. They are also more annoying than pretty much anyone else. We're fukin retail monkeys not experts, but that's no reason to be a condescending •••••••. Maybe we'd like to learn a bit more ourselves instead of being blown off? And the truth is, the product right for an enthusiast is NOT the product right for 90% of customers. Enthusiasts can often trade being 'idiot-proof' for performance, idiots - not so lucky.

Yeah, pimp, they may give you a hard time but trust me, for every actual problem we get 10 people who forgot to plug the thing in or whatever. I'm in auto parts and we get alot of battery returns and exchanges because the customer was too dumb to take the plastic protective caps off the posts. Those are the guys that we're trying to stop from bankrupting us with their idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandito View Post
    you had to have done something wrong.
    Uhh
    We went through this already in the thread.
    I tried everything and it wouldnt boot.
    I highly doubt I did something,wrong,in the end maybe one of yous guys theories was right,prolly simply mobo BIOS to old for vista I dunno.
    Ill bet money that if you sat in front of my rig you wouldnt be able to get it to work either sub
    lol i mean besides what I said above what can posibly go wrong?I manually change bios to oced settings that work fine in any OS I boot,only when I boot vista does this happen.Heck I even tried installing vista oced to see if that changed anything and same problem.

Btw sub is your copy of vista oem or retail?
    Last edited by Poci; 06-04-2008 at 08:54 PM.

i dunno, 9 bucks an hour retail minus the cost of benefits, versus 36 an hour PLUS your benefits paid FOR you, i dunno it's a tough call

i've done both and retail was more laid back, but it was no career. not to mention there's all those dumb customers
    Sub,where I work you join a labor union like your part of and thats bye bye job.

The corporation I work for doesnt like labor unions

Sub,where I work you join a labor union like your part of and thats bye bye job.

The corporation I work for doesnt like labor unions
    well that's just common sense, retail chains would hate to pay their employees a fair wage with decent benefits. of course i don't know how well unionized labor would work in a retail setting either. unions aren't good for every industry.

i'm pro union but they can't solve everything.

Lets not drag this thread OT,but I think labor unions should be applied to every industry

well that's just common sense, retail chains would hate to pay their employees a fair wage with decent benefits. of course i don't know how well unionized labor would work in a retail setting either. unions aren't good for every industry.

i'm pro union but they can't solve everything.
    I agree. I know weve talked about this before. They [unions] make great sense for the trades and in some industries...but not alot of sense for other occupations. Nobody wins when some business is forced to close
    due to elevated wage rates beyond what an industry can pay.
    And lets face it. The non union labor force enjoys alot of the benefits
    union workers fought hard for over the years. 40 hour work week....the concept of time and a half etc etc.

What if I went geek squad sub?
    Well see that’s the problem, what are the odds of anyone walking into a CC or BB and getting you, or someone else with your knowledge/experience, to help them? I’d say it was pretty slim and that’s the issue with buying at a place like CC or BB.

My only advice is, if you MUST buy a system retail and not put it together yourself, know exactly what you need and want before you go.
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

Ppl buying rigs at BB or CC most of the time arent gonna be folding or playing Crysis on it or OCing it. Whats available is fine for the average consumer.