Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More bad news

Re: More bad news

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore View Post
    Then why has their economy been in a recession since about 1990?
    I read an interesting article about why Japan are in decline: Prosperity, turns out, is a terrific form of birth control and therefore, The net result of low birth rates is a declining population - no body left, in the end, to buy goods and services. They are shutting down. As is Europe, except for the Muslim population, which sadly is not assimilating.

Declining birth rate is a serious problem for the entire Western, successful, civilizaiton.
    -TMack

"Forgive everyone for everything"

Re: More bad news

Quote Originally Posted by TMack409 View Post
    I read an interesting article about why Japan are in decline: Prosperity, turns out, is a terrific form of birth control and therefore, The net result of low birth rates is a declining population - no body left, in the end, to buy goods and services. They are shutting down. As is Europe, except for the Muslim population, which sadly is not assimilating.
    I saw a documentary on a similar subect as it relates to Japanese culture, i.e. the effect of technology on Japanese society. Socially and collectively, they readily embrace all forms of technology (Western cultures seem to be a bit more apprehensive), and such tools have been instrumental in facilitating greater interaction between men and women; the downside is that these emerging forms of communication don't translate into actual interpersonal relationships. The notion of marriage is on the decline (as more women enter the workforce, become financially independent and less inclined to assume a motherly role - sound familiar?), and children even less (education costs are prohibitively expensive for working families). With an increasingly aging population (which places an even greater burden on social costs) and fewer children to take their place, some analysts estimate that Japan's population could drop to half of its current figure by 2050, maybe even sooner.

A true patriot is a lover of his country who rebukes and does not excuse its sins.
    - Frederick Douglas

May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion. - President Dwight D. Eisenhower