Is it just me, or do internet driving directions suck?

I had to go to this place near Washington DC, and the directions were ridiculously messed up!

What should have been this simple:

Go south on MD 27 for, and then go South on I-270 for then exit onto I-495, and then exit onto VA-267 , and the turn onto Dulles corner bvld.
    Was about a 30 step hodge podge of crap which at times couldn't maintain the same reference to the same road where as it would call MD-27 "Ridge rd", and then call it "MD 27" and why should it need to reference it more than once when all I have to do is head south until I get on I270?
    And then It tells me to exit, and enter I-270 FOUR TIMES! when all I have to do is stay on I 270 until I get to I 495!
    Last edited by JustinC939; 06-04-2008 at 03:12 AM.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Re: Is it just me, or do internet driving directions suck?

DC in itself is just bad for driving directions, but yes I usually find that mapquest is not the way I would usually go.

try google maps. not the best but at least you can drag and drop the route to make it more to your liking. I find they all are awful. One of the reasons i'm hesitant to get a GPS. If they route the same It would be useless.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

GPS is definitely great, the best. I used a Garmen eTrex Legend until I lost my drivers license.

use google earth, find where you are, where you need to go and make your own directions.

you haven't gotten bad directions until someone has attempted to draw you a map to a new jobsite.

i'm happiest when they just give me an intersection and the town it's in, i'll figure out the rest thank you.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

What happened to a napkin or the torn lid from a cat food box and a pencil?

I am way more observant when someone tells me to turn left at a MacDizzle then if I had to make a turn on Oak Street...... Even better, since moving to Canada I have found that if you play connect the Tim Hortons you can get anywhere...
    Rock the Jukebox:
    2x Intel XEON E5405
    Asus DSBV-DX
    4x Kingston 2Gb FBuffered 667mhz w/4x MemCooler
    FSP 650w PSU
    MS Server 2008 STD

M3ltD0Vvn:
    Intel Q9550 w/Coolermaster Hyper 212 - 2x 120mm
    Asus P5N-D
    2x Transcend 2Gb 800Mhz
    FSP 550w SLI Certified <~~Bullet Proof
    EVGA GTX560Ti SC (Asus 22" 1680x1050)