Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Battlestar Galactica. Anyone still watching this crap?

I'm still watching, though I have NO idea why anymore. What was once a great sci-fi show has turned into an hour long touchy feely soap opera. I'm SOO sick of the continuing plight of president Roslin. Yes we know she has cancer! It sucks but do we have to spend 20 minutes every week learning of her struggles? I've seen more than enough of her flashbacks/dreams drug induced whatevers too.

Gaius Baltar's character, once very interesting, now bores me to tears with his new "calling". It's like the writers are trying very hard to make him a part of the story without ever stopping to think...why?

Apollo and Starbuck have been relegated to minor roles now it seems. I liked them better when they were both flying. Apollo has now become a lawyer. Wow! Such excitement! Starbuck seems to think she's a Cylon, but she probably isn't. Still, it'll take another 3 seasons before we find out I'm sure.

Captain Adama is now just Roslin's lovesick bitch. He seems to be more bored with show than I am though. Colonel Tigh's a cycloptic Cylon, and we hardly ever get to see the eye candy that is Six anymore. There are very few battle scenes anymore, and very little action at all for that matter.

I think Max. PC said it best under their "10 things that are wildly overhyped" list. "Once awesome sci-fi is now Melrose Place in space. Meh."

Re: Battlestar Galactica. Anyone still watching this crap?

Agree.... its just a soap opera now. Doesn't do a damn thing for me.

Third Season is when it started really going downhill. I didn't watch last night's episode because I hadn't seen the previous one, and Sci-Fi doesn't post episodes online now until eight days later. There have been some high points this season but they've strayed from their winning formulas. Whatever happened to the visions of Six and the piano music? What about that one-time appearance of Baltar to himself? They need to whittle down their pens and find their original muse.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan View Post
    Third Season is when it started really going downhill. I didn't watch last night's episode because I hadn't seen the previous one, and Sci-Fi doesn't post episodes online now until eight days later. There have been some high points this season but they've strayed from their winning formulas. Whatever happened to the visions of Six and the piano music? What about that one-time appearance of Baltar to himself? They need to whittle down their pens and find their original muse.
    I agree. The first two seasons were so good that I'm still watching the show now hoping to see a return to that style. Sadly, I've pretty much given up hope of that now seeing that it's so close to it's end. I'll be interested to see how they build up to the series finale this season. I wonder if they'll ever make it to Earth?

I quit watching shortly after they rescued everyone from New Caprica. Not sure which season that was. I realized that I was no longer enjoying the show, and that every character made me want to reach through the screen and slap the shit out of them. Something is seriously wrong with the writing, when none of the characters seem to like each other any more. The feeling I got before I quit watching was that everybody hated everybody else.

I'm holding out hope for the new Knight Rider. The pilot remembered to inject the occasional bit of humor, I'm hoping the full series will do the same. I'll be severely dissapointed if it turns into the same kind of soul sucking angst fest as the new BSG.

I stopped watching the real BSG in the 80's what do you expect?the newer BSG reminds me of star trek voyager or one of the other half ass remakes.

Ya, i am apparently the only person that still likes the show. Its the only thing i can find on TV worth spending the time to watch...

Borrowed the dvds for season 1-3 off a friend, me and my wife have watched them through over a few weeks. Not started on season 4 yet, but Razor bored me stupid. Was going to start of season 4 (via sky anytime) but I not too hopeful after reading this thread!
    Main: always changing see my system tab.

HTPC: C2D 4500@stock||2*1Gb Corsair 6400C4@stock||Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H Nvidia 630i Motherboard||Onboard HDMI output||||Silverstone GD02 case||Silver NT05 CPU Cooler||hauppauge HVR-1300||Seagate 7200.10 500Gb HDD||Pioneer DVR215BK||Windows 7 Professional x86

Windows Home Server||2*1Gb PC6400||C2D 6300@ stock|| 3*750 GB Samsung HD753LJ Spinpoint F1

Quote Originally Posted by N0Skillz View Post
    Ya, i am apparently the only person that still likes the show. Its the only thing i can find on TV worth spending the time to watch...
    I'm still watching it.
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

I'm still watching too. The fourth season is a fairly satisfying conclusion to the series.
    Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Eric Idle

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us -- Cats look down on us - Only pigs treat us as equals." Sir Winston Churchill

I've watched it from the beginning. I find it good but not great. I think they went overkill on the "gritty realism" thing. Season 4 is ok for me. I'm eager to see how it ends. I enjoy Lost more
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I enjoy Lost more
    Lost was to confusing for me. It 'lost' me in the first season, lol.

They should bring back Babylon 5.

I liked that show a lot. I'd like to watch the reruns. Anyone got any pull somewhere? I doubt that it could be rewritten.

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us -- Cats look down on us - Only pigs treat us as equals." Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEclipse View Post
    +infinity.

BSG- who's the last Cylon, we'll tell you, next week, no...NEXT, week....er
    nope...the week after that... just kidding, it'll be 4 weeks from now.

(it's Adama's son)

Nothing's happening!!!

Sigh, last season.

CE
    No kidding! All will be revealed, in the fullness of time, when it's appropriate, some day, soon.