Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone ever hear of a scam like this?

Today I opened my mail (snail mail that is) to find a bill from a collection agency for an unpaid magazine subscription. A balance of $15.00. Only thing is, I never subscribed to Glamour magazine. The first time this came, I tried calling the collection agency only to get an answering machine. Tonight I tried again and I get a message saying something to the tune of "announcement not recorded, try again later, please disconnect."

Nice little scam they've got going on here. They'd very much like me to just go ahead and pay via their website with my credit card. Of course I can't actually call anyone and talk to them about this bill, because it's a scam.

Anyway, this "collection agency's" website is www.nsapay.com. The name of the scammers is North Shore Agency based out of Melville, NY. If you ever get anything from these jackasses, throw it away!

Re: Anyone ever hear of a scam like this?

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Today I opened my mail (snail mail that is) to find a bill from a collection agency for an unpaid magazine subscription. A balance of $15.00. Only thing is, I never subscribed to Glamour magazine. The first time this came, I tried calling the collection agency only to get an answering machine. Tonight I tried again and I get a message saying something to the tune of "announcement not recorded, try again later, please disconnect."

Nice little scam they've got going on here. They'd very much like me to just go ahead and pay via their website with my credit card. Of course I can't actually call anyone and talk to them about this bill, because it's a scam.

Anyway, this "collection agency's" website is www.nsapay.com. The name of the scammers is North Shore Agency based out of Melville, NY. If you ever get anything from these jackasses, throw it away!
    That website looks VERY poorly fabricated, what's it like 800 x 600? And they also link to an outdated verisgn cert.

I imagine it's probably for ID theft. And chances are somebody will fall for it.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

I keep getting crap from Good Housekeeping wanting money, and the magazine in my mailbox. I could not care less about that magazine. I have called them twice and said I dont want the crap and leave me alone. They stop for a couple months and start again.

There's a class action lawsuit going on against them at the moment
    http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...ollection.html

Talk about a weasel deal....but one I havent seen yet.
    For me all these emails I get that suggest my citibank card is in trouble....my paypal account is in trouble...my google words account is in trouble is all bull shit and I dont even read the emails.
    Since I have no citibank card of any sort...no paypal account and the only relationship I ever had with GOOG was owning their stock for a while.
    Ive gotten so the only email I read is from my children or someone I know from here.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Talk about a weasel deal....but one I havent seen yet.
    For me all these emails I get that suggest my citibank card is in trouble....my paypal account is in trouble...my google words account is in trouble is all bull shit and I dont even read the emails.
    Since I have no citibank card of any sort...no paypal account and the only relationship I ever had with GOOG was owning their stock for a while.
    Ive gotten so the only email I read is from my children or someone I know from here.
    Absolutely. Everyone I am willing to accept email from is in my T-Bird address book. Mail from anyone else is shit canned at the POP server, doesn't even get a chance for T-Bird's junk filter to take a whack at it.

^^100%. I feel for people that dont realize the dangers with email. Two older neighbors screwed their machines...thinking "well its mail...its important...looks official" and the scam artists prey on their sense of "doing the right thing".
    Pretty sad.

Very sad indeed. The www has turned into a very sick place.

This wasn't an e-mail I got though. This came in my regular mail. I'd think that would be considered mail fraud wouldn't it?

Damn right it is.

The bastages doing this are doing their damndest to cover their IP tracks, too. Pings and tracert's time out at NYC level13.net.

Wow, that's cool. How's that done and wouldn't that tip anyone off right away?

No trace? LOL

Q9300 with 4 GB DDR2 1066 RAM
    UltraSharp 2408WFP (needs to be RMA'ed) on GeForce GTX 285 on two 18 amp 12V lines
    Audigy X-Fi Fatal1ty w/ Logitech Z-5500 & Sennheiser HD 280 Pro and HD 595
    plus the usual stuff in a poorly designed Antec P180 PW case

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectShot View Post
    Wow, that's cool. How's that done and wouldn't that tip anyone off right away?

No trace? LOL
    Most peeps are completely unaware of their methods. But its nothing unusual for those who get paid to bust those bastards.

I just wanted to say thank you very much for having this site. I was about to just pay on one of these "nsa" things when i somehow got on this "scam" site. Needless to say I didnt pay a thing thanks to this.

We got a phone call one time, evening time. On the line was someone obviously speaking broken english and spanish. My wife knows a little spanish and picked up on the "please accept the toll" part and said no, but because of the translation problem, couldnt really figure out exactly what it was.

I of course told my wife, hang up. I have zero patiance for things, and f'ed up phone calls are high on my list. Anyone I know has a good line and speaks clearly, and in english. Not important to me otherwise. Im the same with emails. If it says "forward" or has "FWD" or anything of the sort its routed straight to my garbage. I never see 'em. Not important. If that joke was so gosh darned funny, call me or better yet, come over and tell me. Dont email me haha.

...anyways...I hear my wife give our phone number say yes, and hang up. I'm livid now. "Wow did you just give our phone number to someone that obviously has it allready?" Wife says, "They said it was an auto dialer, and its about our phone bill. Because we cant hear each other clearly, she asked me if it was ok to recall, maybe a better connection is all we need."

They never called back.

A month later we have a $45 charge to our phone bill to some company in the Virgin Isles or Canary Isles...somewhere offbeat. I put 2 and 2 together REAL quick. We called Telus, our phone service provider and dispute this charge. Was for like 2.5 minutes btw...

They look into it, and call us back a couple days later. This company has a recording of my wife saying "yes" to accepting the collect charges.

So now Telus says sorry, we have a rule, if a phone call last longer then 60 seconds, its your responsibility.

I got on the phone and set it straight RIGHT fast.

FIRST, I said what exactly was this charge for. For $45 I want a bag of something in my hands. I dont care of its a bag of poop, put something solid in my hands. Their response was it was for this companies services to do a line check and verify that we could accept collect calls from outside of N. America!!

SECOND, I asked how legitimate it was for a company or person that doesnt speak english besides some courtesy basics to sell such a "high dollar" service to someone 2000 miles away? Not to mention, doesnt Telus provide this service to me allready? Is it ok that another company charges me what Telus allready charges me for? I want a refund from either Telus or this offbeat phone calling joker.

THIRD, I explained to them that if their company wishes to take side with the swindler, then I do see a problem with my service and I worry about what type of protection they can afford me. Please cancle BOTH my home service AND business service. I can survive on cell phones.

The charge was dropped and for the trouble we got a free month of internet.

What psses me off most - is the amount of hoops a layman has to jump through to FIX the bs that is out there. I know my wife was allready struggling with this, but I cant imagine my grandma trying to dispute this, or your grandma, or anyones.
    Rock the Jukebox:
    2x Intel XEON E5405
    Asus DSBV-DX
    4x Kingston 2Gb FBuffered 667mhz w/4x MemCooler
    FSP 650w PSU
    MS Server 2008 STD

M3ltD0Vvn:
    Intel Q9550 w/Coolermaster Hyper 212 - 2x 120mm
    Asus P5N-D
    2x Transcend 2Gb 800Mhz
    FSP 550w SLI Certified <~~Bullet Proof
    EVGA GTX560Ti SC (Asus 22" 1680x1050)