Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Anyone ever hear of a scam like this?

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    This wasn't an e-mail I got though. This came in my regular mail. I'd think that would be considered mail fraud wouldn't it?
    yes, but next time, turn it in to your local post office. They can forward it to thier fraud division, to try and catch these scumbags.
    http://forums.pcper.com/trading.php TRADING RULEZ!! BIGDADDY51 I've joined the QUAD CROWD! ASUS M3A78 & a 9850

Evil scammers.

I know it's an old question but want to answer so that anyone searching would see the answer.
    Yes. This is legit. Couple of months ago I signed an offer online for Forbes magine and they said first edition is free and sent me a magazine. And they kept sending me letters that I owe for remaining isues. I ignored it and one fine day I got letter from North Shore Agency saying they are debt collection agency. I called up Forbes. Surprisingly there was a human who picked up the call. She asked for my zip code and last name. She confirmed my first name. And then confirmed my street address. She said that I should have called them to cancel the order and North Shore Agency is their internal department. However she cancelled my order and mentioned that I can ignore the letter.
    But do call Forbes and get this resolved. Else, who knows, it may go to your credit history

LifeLock has it's merits!
    There are none so blind as those who will not see!

Always so nice when there is a human to resolve an issue quickly!

Never ever click on such type of bogus phishy ads. They always mention that you have to pay for something that you never purchased pr like you have been awarded some cash prize. I have been a victim of such phishy ads last year when one fine morning I clicked on such link, it redirected me to some other webpage that never loaded and I finally closed it. A few days after, received statement from my bank that have you requested your to change your account credentials. And that one you mentioned seems phishy altogether. I now use vpn while making my bank transactions or sending important files via email.