Goggle taking over Yahoo ?

I hope not. I don't use Google at all if I can help it due to their
    policies regarding firearms and also keeping a log of every
    search one does using them and Yahoo isn't much
    better, but I've used it since 02. I'll have to find a different
    setup if this happens..
    http://www.yahoo.com/s/898861
    NEW YORK (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc (YHOO.O) and Google Inc (GOOG.O) will make a joint announcement on Thursday afternoon, the technology blog TechCrunch reported, citing an unidentified source close to one of the companies.

TechCrunch said the announcement is likely to be a search partnership between the two companies that outsources all or part of Yahoo search marketing, and possibly search itself, to Google.
    Wait and see I guess..

Re: Goggle taking over Yahoo ?

Nothing really new there. Been going on for years. They outsource portions of their web searching operations (bots/crawlers.... etc) to Inktomi, among others, to an increasing extent. Its growing... just a sign of the times. All of it aimed at..... one guess..... grabbing as much of YOUR paycheck as possible.

More and not as bad I suppose. I can't read anyway..
    http://www.yahoo.com/s/899026
    NEW YORK (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc (YHOO.O) and arch rival Google Inc (GOOG.O) said on Thursday they had entered a non-exclusive partnership on search advertising expected to add as much as $800 million in annual revenue.

Under the agreement, Yahoo can run ads supplied by Google alongside its own search results and on some of its websites in the United States and Canada. Yahoo will decide where the Google ads will run and which search terms it can use, Yahoo said in a statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW
    grabbing as much of YOUR paycheck as possible.
    What's that ? I haven't seen one in a long time..I do get an allowance. Is that the
    same thing ? Some guy named Uncle Sam and the Hoffa folks DID say I was good
    for pennies on the dollar though.
    Last edited by no2guncntrl; 06-12-2008 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by no2guncntrl View Post
    What's that ? I haven't seen one in a long time..I do get an allowance. Is that the same thing ? Some guy named Uncle Sam and the Hoffa folks DID say I was good for pennies on the dollar though.
    It's called up your arse and round the corner SATURATATION ADVERTISING. The same bull shit that cable TV channels do every freaking night. Travelocity, for beginners. Screw that freaking Knome!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you can name others. Just please don't name that SOB Billy Mayes.

I find my left index finger increasingly GLUED to the frik'n MUTE button. Screw them

Google was crying about a monopoly with MS taking over Yahoo and they don't seem to be unhappy if Google/Yahoo having a partnership.

I have never supported Google. Still won't. I do use yahoo for searches though. But we'll see where this goes.

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring Banaaaaana phone

Last edited by a cat : yesterday at 05-11-2004 at 11:09 AM