Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More Slimey Business Tactics From Comcast

Anyway, I get a call from one of their guys, and they ask me If I'm interested in "Digital Basic Preferred" at the same price as what I'm paying for Digital Basic.
    I ask if "History International" is included in the package. He says yes it it included. So I ask to confirm that my monthly bill WILL NOT increase.
    He says no, it will not increase.

Hook line and sinker, I signed up for it and now I get a bill in the mail for $130 which it $50 than I was originally paying, and I look at the deatails, and it turns out that they also signed me up for Comcast Triple Play which is a VoIP/HSI/Cable package.

So I'm gonna call to bicth them out becuase I din't sign up for Triple Play.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Re: More Slimey Business Tactics From Comcast

The biggest problem in this whole cable provider mess is that there is really no competition between the cable providers. Its like they have a territory carved out for themselves.

Here is South Jersey it is Comcast and though verizon has made headway with their DSL, cable TV is exclusively Comcast.

The government gets on its high horse about monopolies -- but I find it strangely silent on cable net/TV providers (with a most recent exception of Time Warner vs. Los Angelos).

IMO, we really need competition. That is the only thing that forces lower prices and better quality service.

Quote Originally Posted by 30'06 View Post
    The biggest problem in this whole cable provider mess is that there is really no competition between the cable providers. Its like they have a territory carved out for themselves.

Here is South Jersey it is Comcast and though verizon has made headway with their DSL, cable TV is exclusively Comcast.

The government gets on its high horse about monopolies -- but I find it strangely silent on cable net/TV providers (with a most recent exception of Time Warner vs. Los Angelos).

IMO, we really need competition. That is the only thing that forces lower prices and better quality service.
    That's why ther're penalising those who use greater bandwidth when what they need to be doing is upgrading their networks.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

NO body is stopping any other provider from over building their competition. The only thing stopping anyone is the millions of dollars it takes to overbuild even the smallest area. Aerial cable plant costs the cable companies $3.80 a linear foot to build and underground cable plant on average is $8.50 a linear foot average add in $5-$20 million in head end equipment and you have competition oh I forgot the pay off money it takes to get onto the poles the power and phone company owns and lets not forget all the permits the city makes the companies get so add in another $1-$2 million.

Anyway, I get a call from one of their guys
    I tell folks all the time get it in writing before you agree to anything sales people regardless of what company will always prey on gullible people. Next time tell the sales guy to send a real person out to your home.

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post

I tell folks all the time get it in writing before you agree to anything sales people regardless of what company will always prey on gullible people. Next time tell the sales guy to send a real person out to your home.
    I'll keep that in mind next time I sign up for any B.S.

Anyway I was on the phone with several people until I got to someone important, and he siad that he could remove the "Triple Play" servce so I wouldn't get charged next time, but I'd have to pay for it this month.

So with some 10 minutes of repeating myself stating that I never signed up for triple play no progress was made. So I threatened to cancel my service, and have Direcway install the reciever next week. At that point he changed his tune, and said that my bill would be revised, and that I wouldn't be charged for "Triple Play".

The "DIRECTV THREAT" works every time. except when you have Directv. then you give them the COX CABLE threat
    http://forums.pcper.com/trading.php TRADING RULEZ!! BIGDADDY51 I've joined the QUAD CROWD! ASUS M3A78 & a 9850

yeah you got screwed

5 out of every 10 comcast sales have to be the triple play

anyways, you can only get the preferred package with the triple play

its called the triple play preferred package

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

Yeah, they love to screw around with billing. They must really be lacking 'triple-play' sales because they have been seriously pushing it for over a year now. What they don't realize is that the triple-play would be a brilliant idea, iff they were a well-priced honest and trustworthy company. I would love to simplify my billing, but everyone knows Comcast will ass-rape you as soon as you turn your head. So the trip-play goes from something helpful, to 3x the things I gotta watch out for, not worth the trouble.

Anyway, not my problem anymore. We canceled cable and make do with Netfix now. We've never seen so much good entertainment, on cable it seemed there were 50 channels of crap. Whatever we miss we can pick up online now (weather, news).

Quote Originally Posted by mostholycerebus View Post
    Yeah, they love to screw around with billing. They must really be lacking 'triple-play' sales because they have been seriously pushing it for over a year now. What they don't realize is that the triple-play would be a brilliant idea, iff they were a well-priced honest and trustworthy company. I would love to simplify my billing, but everyone knows Comcast will ass-rape you as soon as you turn your head. So the trip-play goes from something helpful, to 3x the things I gotta watch out for, not worth the trouble.

Anyway, not my problem anymore. We canceled cable and make do with Netfix now. We've never seen so much good entertainment, on cable it seemed there were 50 channels of crap. Whatever we miss we can pick up online now (weather, news).
    Yeah, their triple play is good for the first 90 days for $99/month, but after that it's $130, and if you do the math that comes out to $43 for each service, and that really doesn't save you any money, beucase you can get Cable//HSI for $80, and get Vonage for $20.

Or not have a home phone, and use a cell full-time.

Quote Originally Posted by mostholycerebus View Post

like i said, 50% of comcast orders MUST be the triple play, if you service rep isnt making those numbers, they are gone.

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

like i said, 50% of comcast orders MUST be the triple play, if you service rep isnt making those numbers, they are gone.
    thats just not true!

thats just not true!
    oh ok, i guess my buddy who works at comcast as a service rep is lieing to me

Huh?? Comcast shenanigans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pimp my ride View Post
    oh ok, i guess my buddy who works at comcast as a service rep is lieing to me
    yes he is lieing to you !!

I work at comcast too pimp! I can Honestly tell you that is not true. Comcast does NOT have a sales agenda like that. Honestly if someone is telling you that as fact they are indeed being dishonest. Comcast doesn't treat people any different whether they subscribe to triple play or just basic cable. Not ALL areas are even capable of offering the triple play package. CSR employees like your so called friend are not required to sell anything period.
    Last edited by /\/\adGamer; 06-14-2008 at 09:10 PM.

yes he is lieing to you !!

I work at comcast too pimp! I can Honestly tell you that is not true. Comcast does NOT have a sales agenda like that. Honestly if someone is telling you that as fact they are indeed being dishonest. Comcast doesn't treat people any different whether they subscribe to triple play or just basic cable. Not ALL areas are even capable of offering the triple play package. CSR employees like your so called friend are not required to sell anything period.
    alright then, i didnt realize you worked for them also, so i figured oyu didnt know what you were talking about

anyways, comcast kinda me over, i ordered digital cable and they gave me a bunch of promotions (like they redid the internet and got it for me for $19/mo for a year) and im getting two cable boxes, and the guy told me he would call me back when he got the time a guy could come out and install it

well he never called, and i called back the next day and some lady told me that the comcast guy HAS to come to my house to install it or i wolnt get a $1.99/month promotion for the extra cable box (who knows why)

anyways, i better still get that $19/mo internet discount or i will be severely pissed off

anyways, what is your opinion on that, will i get it or not? i feel like threatening to cancel my brand new digital service if they wont give it to me

also, when the guy comes to my house, does he basically take the cable box right out of the box like a self install kit?

i dont want the creepy comcast guy in my room, and i would feel more comfortable installing it myself in there

also, do you have a way to look my info up in the computer at work to see what discounts i will get?

thanks