Good buy or not?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227070

My pc bit the dust a few days back and I've been using my brothers pc. I'm capable of building although I haven't built a rig in 3.5 yrs.

the price of this premade (and potential) was too much to pass up. It would cost me about the same to build this given its parts.

DT makes IBUYPOWER rigs, no reviews on the net at all.

Re: Good buy or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivet View Post
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227070

My pc bit the dust a few days back and I've been using my brothers pc. I'm capable of building although I haven't built a rig in 3.5 yrs.

the price of this premade (and potential) was too much to pass up. It would cost me about the same to build this given its parts.

DT makes IBUYPOWER rigs, no reviews on the net at all.
    Looks like a nice rig. Price doesn't seem that bad at first glance. If you say the parts are almost the same price, then it's like free labor to have it built so not so bad if you don't want to take the time...

So what kind of temps you getting on the liquid cooled Q9300?

was ordered yesterday, its in Philly now. Supposedly 6/23 is the day it gets here, hopin for Saturday though.

Initial Impressions:

Well packed, SATA drive was not plugged in.

Just getting familiar with Vista 64 bit.....pc scored all 5.9's in Vista's little "test" thing......

haven't loaded any games yet...about to

So far, so good....

Turns out to be an excellent gaming pc , would buy IBUYPOWER premade again if necessary. Had to plug in the SATA drive and everything was great. The wiring job inside could have been better but zip ties did the trick!

Not the quietest case inspite of the little waterblock on the cpu, because of dual 120mm intakes, dual 140mm exhaust fans (thru the top of case), and a side 120mm fan along with a rear 120mm exhaust fan.

Can a mod move this to HW Leaderboard section? Seems more appropriate there, prolly.

I even wrote a review at newegg on this product.
    Last edited by Rivet; 07-01-2008 at 11:58 AM. Reason: forgot word "pc"