Question 780i POST FF error

I am having the following problem at boot:

Warning! PC is in safemode. Reset cpu and memory frequencies in CMOS
    It also reads a FF on the LCD, i am given the option of F1 to continue or Delete for setup.

I have reset the cmos jumpers and the battery several times and it doe sthe same thing, when i hit F1 i am able to go into the GUI of my XP OS as Administrator.

My memry and cpu frequencies r set to auto as i am not an overclocker. this build is 2 days old.

these are the specs:

EVGA 780i SLi
    EVGA 9800 GTX
    4GB OCZ memiry (x2 2GB sticks) OCZ2VU8004GK 5-6-6 PC2 6400
    400GB WD HD
    750 WATT psu

Re: 780i POST FF error

"FF" stands for "fully functioning" so nothing to worry about there. You may want to try going into bios and setting the ram voltages to at least 2.0 volts that board defults to 1.8 which may not be enough. If that don't work try using only one stick of mem at a time and see what happens.

hey sorry 4 the late responce, it didnt like the yorkdale processor and it wasnt fully supported on the shipped bios. so i flashed the bios all the way to po6 n its been rock solid ever since, thanx alot :-)

how do you like the 780i?

Hey, I just recenty built a new computer with the 780i board and I am using a sata HDD for the first time. I got it to work and everything, I am getting the FF on the led board, which from what you said early is good I hope, But my question is when I start up it loads to a screen similar to the problem he was having. It makes me push F1 to continue. This is not a huge deal of course because it is not hard to push F1, but I was wondering why this may be happening?