Exclamation GA-X48T-DQ6 bios F5

Do not flash this bios!!! There are at least 6 reports of dead boards after flashing this bios since yesterday.
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    **cruncher #2 lp-dk x58/w3520@4100 ***cruncher #3 tpower x58/w3520@4100 ****cruncher #4 dx58so/w3520@4100
    *****cruncher #5 m2f/x3360@3910 ******cruncher #6 790i/q6600@3600

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
    would you crunch if you thought it would save her life?

maybe it will!

Re: GA-X48T-DQ6 bios F5

The X48T-DQ6 bios has been replaced at the taiwan d/l site.
    **cruncher #2 lp-dk x58/w3520@4100 ***cruncher #3 tpower x58/w3520@4100 ****cruncher #4 dx58so/w3520@4100

maybe it will!

Flashed my GA-X48T-DQ6 last night and bricked it. Sent it for RMA this morning. There was nothing else I could do.

I UNBRICKED IT!!!

Follow the instructions here:
    http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showthread.php?t=2105 (post by nijel, you need to sign up to see the picture, so I put it here).
    It is for a different motherboard, but the flash http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash device is exactly the same!

I tried this last night without success (till 3am ), but today I tried it again, and managed to get my backup BIOS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIOS to flash the main BIOS!!!

I had EVERYTHING disconnected (especially disconnect the HD, it tries loading a backup from there and keeps failing when it manages to boot).
    Take your BIOS battery out, only keep 1 DIMM of RAM, the GFX card and a keyboard.
    Keep trying to short circuit the pins in the picture of the main bios, you may get odd results, but if you don't give up you may just revive your board with F4!!!

Method that worked for me is to short circuit the pins a bit after power on.
    I can't take any responsibility if you totally nuke your board, but I'm pretty sure this method is safe (as long as it is done correctly), because at times I would short circuit the pins like no tomorrow (believing there is nothing that can be done to save it). So if mine survived, I'm pretty positive yours will do.

Try to spread the word regarding this, so people don't have to pay for a new mobo!

I wish you all luck in unbricking your motherboards Motherboard and thanks all for the support!!!

I bricked my board with the F5 BIOS. I saw your post and tried shorting those pins. I was able to get the motherboard to display an Award BootBlock message, and it tried reading a BIOS off the hard drive (which was not connected). Shortly afterwards it rebooted again.

Is that what you saw on your screen when you successfully shorted the pins? How did you get it to load your backup BIOS? I don't have a backup BIOS on my hard drive, or anywhere else for that matter. I figured I could download the F4 BIOS and use that as my "backup". I tried putting it on a floppy but the motherboard never read from the floppy when it actually displayed the bootblock recovery screen.

Please help!!

Mine couldn't be recovered either. Gigabyte was very quick issuing me an rma# after my request. The board's already on it's way to them.

maybe it will!

Bummer... I'm not thrilled with waiting a week or more to get a replacement board. I'd like to give this recovery thing a shot before RMA'ing it. I just need a few more details to clear up the cloudy parts.

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so what I was seeing was the "close but not quite right" result. When you actually do short it at exactly the right time, you end up seeing the default Gigabyte full screen boot graphics, followed by the normal F4 BIOS startup messages. The BIOS then reports something to the effect that the (main) BIOS is corrupt and that it's recovering (copying the F4 BIOS from the backup BIOS).

Awesome!!! Thanks so much guys!!

WOOT!!!! It worked for me too!!!! This thread is the reason i joined this forum actually. yeah mine happened when i tried to flash to f5 and found this post. keep in mind that this is just days before quake con so i was freakin out but thanks to you guys i got my main machine back online!!!! My biggest piece of advice is to just keep trying. it took me about 30 tries to get it right!

I guess in my Moments of bliss i didnt pay attention as to where i was posting this reply so i think it got posted in the x48 f5 bios thread first. OOPS!

Good work Colin001!! Welcome to the forum I'm glad things worked out for you. I really love the X48T, great clocker, extremely stable and not ram fussy at all that I've seen. The best bios for me prior to this episode has been f5d.

maybe it will!