Ga-p35-ds3l/s3l S-series Blue Screen Of Death

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! 5 DAYS OF HELL!!! SYSTEM WILL NOT FORMAT PATA OR SATA HD!!
    I ALWAYS GET THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH BEFORE WINDOWS XP PRO 2002 FINISHES INSTALATION.
    BIOS DETECTS MY SATA AND PATA DRIVE, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING LIKE RUNNING JUST SATA,
    OR RUNNING JUST IDE ALONE I HAVE TRIED NATIVE MODE AND ALL KINDS OF BIOS SETTINGS
    NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK. I SHOULD JUST GO BACK TO ASUS NEVER HAD A PROB!!!

GA-P35-DS3L/S3L S-SERIES

Q6600 QUAD CORE cpu

XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 256MB Alpha Dog

VE MANY I HAsilversone 500w psu

mushkin 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

I PUT THIS RIG TOGETHER MYSELF AS I HAVE MANY OTHERS WITH NO PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP!!!
    Last edited by vince33; 07-21-2008 at 10:17 PM.

Re: Ga-p35-ds3l/s3l S-series Blue Screen Of Death

First off, do yourself a favor and tear the caps lock key from your keyboard and pitch it out the window.

Your RAM seems to require a higher than default operating voltage (Newegg indicates a voltage of 2.2v - 2.35v, if I have the correct part) and the P35 boards default to 1.8V. This means your RAM may be running either under clocked or does not have enough voltage. Can you check the BIOS settings for that? Check and be sure I am right about the voltage setting - you didn't post the exact part number so don't take my word for it.

Do you have more than a single HDD connected at the time of install?

Once you verify your RAM speed and voltage settings, it may be a good idea to test your RAM with Memtest to be sure it is not generating errors.

Lastly, as frustrating as your situation is try and be patient, go slowly, and we will try and help you find a solution.
    Ha ha haaa....ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

- John Lydon, final Sex Pistols show

Quote Originally Posted by gallowsroad View Post
    First off, do yourself a favor and tear the caps lock key from your keyboard and pitch it out the window.

Your RAM seems to require a higher than default operating voltage (Newegg indicates a voltage of 2.2v - 2.35v, if I have the correct part) and the P35 boards default to 1.8V. This means your RAM may be running either under clocked or does not have enough voltage. Can you check the BIOS settings for that? Check and be sure I am right about the voltage setting - you didn't post the exact part number so don't take my word for it.

Do you have more than a single HDD connected at the time of install?

Once you verify your RAM speed and voltage settings, it may be a good idea to test your RAM with Memtest to be sure it is not generating errors.

Lastly, as frustrating as your situation is try and be patient, go slowly, and we will try and help you find a solution.

Hi Vince33 and welcome to these Forums,

I agree totally with gallowsroad; most installation blue screens with Windows are memory related !

http://www.memtest.org/
    http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

Run all eXtended tests at least once (1 pass) !

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

Wow Thank You So Much!!! Dude That Worked!! Do You Know How Much Time You Saved Me. Everything Went Smooth As Silk.....thanks Again

Quote Originally Posted by vince33 View Post
    Wow Thank You So Much!!! Dude That Worked!! Do You Know How Much Time You Saved Me. Everything Went Smooth As Silk.....thanks Again

Could you tell us what the solution to your problem was ?

We 're a bit curious ...

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by gallowsroad View Post
    QFT

sorry for the spam, couldn't resist. i'm attracted to caps like moths to light