"Mass Storage Drivers" for GA EP35 DS3L to use in Acronis Universal Restore

Background:

I licensed Acronis Echo Workstation & Universal Plugin to undertake the move of my Windows XP Pro system from an MSI KT6 Delta [MS-6590] socket 7 with the VIA KT600 Chipset board using IDE hard drives to a Gigabyte EP35 DS3L.

Echo + Universal Restore isolates the Windows' Hardware Abstraction Layer [HAL] during the Restore process so that motherboard-specific drivers can be inserted/replaced that will allow Windows to boot initially on new hardware and subsequently carry on the business of making further driver changes from within the moved OS. In particular, Universal Restore asks for the location of individually provided "Mass Storage Drivers".

I have tested Echo + UR [8,115] on a VistaPE Boot Disk with Mustang's corresponding Plugin and successfully validated a number of Echo disk images, but also run the Restore operation to the point that the UR component asks for the location of specific "Mass Storage Drivers".

From Gigabyte's site, I have downloaded the appropriate "Chipset" driver for this motherboard. Using WinRAR, I unpacked the exe and from its folder contents have identified all the files with ICH9 in their name. These are:

ich9core.cat
    ich9core.inf
    ich9id2.cat
    ich9id2.inf
    ich9ide.cat
    ich9ide.inf
    ich9smb.cat
    ich9smb.inf
    ich9usb.cat
    ich9usb.inf

Question:

Do all these files comprise the "Mass Storage Drivers" or only some them? (My sense is that Universal Restore's search for these drivers is the functional equivalent of having an F6 Boot Disk for a Windows XP new installation.)

Many thanks in advance!

Re: "Mass Storage Drivers" for GA EP35 DS3L to use in Acronis Universal Restore

I can't find what the id2 stands for within the ICH9 chipset; the only mass storage bit I can see in that list is the IDE driver; to install a driver you need to point to its .inf file ...

ich9core.cat
    ich9core.inf
    ich9id2.cat
    ich9id2.inf
    ich9ide.cat
    ich9ide.inf
    ich9smb.cat
    ich9smb.inf
    ich9usb.cat
    ich9usb.inf

from the rest I recognize smb (System Management Bus), usb (Universal Serial Bus), core is almost self explanatory ...

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

Unpacking the ICH9 driver set, I found that the id2.inf file indicated that it also was an IDE driver ...

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

noorman: Thanks for checking I appreciate you effort. "Mass Storage" to me suggests also the drivers controlling USB operations, etc. which are part the ich9-named group, as you can see.

I do have an open support ticket with Acronis, of whom I asked the same question. Not that they will necessarily stick their necks out to specify the drivers needed for a particular motherboard/chipset, but they may offer guidance as to the number of types of drives comprising Mass Storage.

Thanks again.