Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the memories thread

What are some fond memories you have of pcper (or amd forums as it was called back in the day) from years gone by? I'll post some of mine.

-Computerwiz's art work

-BIGDADDY51 typing "LOL BD51" after 90% of his posts

-tropicaltornado recording himself rapping

-Drisler's love for Smallville
    Do you wanna know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little... emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

Re: the memories thread

The MSI BAR!! with Baby and the"twins" Eagerly awaiting the "new AMD Athlon cpu. Posting with tons of other "MSI Refugees" Awaiting "The Wise Ones super duper 600 watt power supply(it's still in the engineering dept. so I'm told.
    Last edited by BIGDADDY51; 07-25-2008 at 06:22 PM.
    http://forums.pcper.com/trading.php TRADING RULEZ!! BIGDADDY51 I've joined the QUAD CROWD! ASUS M3A78 & a 9850

The artwork. That was a fun time/

The "Free Ipod" thread. I'm a little biased there though as I actually did get a free Ipod out of that thread.

The early days of AMDMB.com when the motherboard sub-forums were really busy. I remember asking a question about an Asus board back then and I'd have 6 responses in under half an hour. It would be a given that your thread would be off the first page within a day back then, or already be 2-3 pages long.

Now it's a lot different. The Abit Intel boards forum hasn't even had 1 new thread, or even a post to an old thread in over two months!

LOL BD51!

Man, I forget his name now, but there was a guy that posted a lot years ago that had an unnatural infatuation with fat chicks. Someone here knows his name, I know it! I'd look it up but I can't search back over a year.

The characters we've had here over the years that were banned for one reason or another. AndrewLB, Stanroman, others I can't remember at this moment. I know they had to go for reasons that were sometimes only known to the mods, but their posts were never boring!

Drisler. It was fun to watch him go from a goof off and a noob that knew next to nothing about computers when he first joined, to a very knowledgeable source on them, especially when it came to memory. He even became a moderator. I NEVER saw that one coming!

Mordeth. TLR has never been, nor will ever be the same without his incredible wit.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Man, I forget his name now, but there was a guy that posted a lot years ago that had an unnatural infatuation with fat chicks. Someone here knows his name, I know it! I'd look it up but I can't search back over a year.

The characters we've had here over the years that were banned for one reason or another. AndrewLB, Stanroman, others I can't remember at this moment. I know they had to go for reasons that were sometimes only known to the mods, but their posts were never boring!
    I think I remember this too, though I also don't remember his name.

I didn't know that Stanroman was banned either.

I also remember back when Ravenshield was in its heyday playing online with diabxorz who has also been banned for some time now.
    Do you wanna know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little... emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

All the help I got over at the Albatron forum when
    I was trying to decide on a first time home build
    pc. Boy I sure miss Alby. The old Pro II board was
    one sweet setup and Radiohead was of great help.

playing UT99 back in it's hay day against guys like ZigZag, Oreo, and i think AndrewLB was there too, few others who i can't remember at the moment.

Shaniquas UT server FTW.

was it Jimz who made the artwork of tropicaltornado's Xaser case? with the checkerboard pattern for extra 3dmarks?

i've gone through 2 name changes since i joined, trying to hide from my past maybe

i'm greatfull for the lenient mods around here, probably some of the most laid back mods around, how i've managed to avoid even a single infraction is beyond me

i also remember the time me and dangtx were voted unofficial offcial mods.

i believe that was you who nominated us saluteyourshorts

joining the fragging frogs has probably been the best part of being around here, there's always a few good guys around to frag it out with and collectively decide that that guy on the other team who's 80:1 is 'h4xing'
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

I recall the guy with a fat chick fetish but I wont mention his name.

I also recall the guy that was convinced he could fit himself in a drawer.
    That was a troubled character.

Agree on Mordeth. Every now and again I hear from him and I try and pass
    what he has said to me to the guys that recall.

I remember when I had the time to make 250 posts per day...now I'm lucky to make 3...on a Sunday.

I remember the video card wars... ZZ, R8800, everyone...

I remember when I first visited the site it was named k7m.com

I recall the person who recommended that I visit the site for help with building my Tbird 1GHz box (a box that still runs to this day).

I also recall when I asked tenax for permission to start what is now the Audio Corner bar...in the Video Card forum.

I remember when we tried to merge bar threads once and it took the forums down for hours. The same thing happened when we tried to delete one.

Alex

angry fight @ burger king!

Quote Originally Posted by Namek View Post
    I remember when I had the time to make 250 posts per day...now I'm lucky to make 3...on a Sunday.

I remember the video card wars... ZZ, R8800, everyone...

I remember when I first visited the site it was named k7m.com

I recall the person who recommended that I visit the site for help with building my Tbird 1GHz box (a box that still runs to this day).

I also recall when I asked tenax for permission to start what is now the Audio Corner bar...in the Video Card forum.

I remember when we tried to merge bar threads once and it took the forums down for hours. The same thing happened when we tried to delete one.

Alex

Oh Jesus. The bar thread squabble.

^^and when a Mod went on a rampage that totally screwed the data base and alot of guys post counts....when he deleted large threads.
    That lead to what we now see as the current music thread here at OT

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    I recall the guy with a fat chick fetish but I wont mention his name.
    Didn't he make some "contributions" to the hot babes thread? Or maybe he made his own thread, but I remember him posting some pictures.

Dont bump it... but here is one I recall from the guy I mentioned before

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=218425

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=218426
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 07-27-2008 at 01:17 PM.

I remember him now. That guy was a character. I kind of miss his posts, to be honest.