Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question Remember the PC Perspective Memorial Day contest?

Here's the link to the original contest: http://www.pcper.com/contest.php

I haven't received my winnings yet, and I'm posting here because private email doesn't seem to be the way to get a response anymore..

On May 31st, I was notified that I was the winner of the two video cards. Needless to say, I was . I knew I'd have to wait a while because the cards hadn't been released.

Here's how the emails went, take note of the dates:

May 31st: I was notified that I won the drawing for the two video cards (1st prize)
    June 9th: I included my shipping info and asked which cards they would be
    June 10th: I was notified that they would be the 4850's
    June 20th: I emailed to see if they would ship early due to their being released to market early. Reply was "I’d imagine they would ship beginning of next week. I’ll check!"
    June 25th: I had waited for a reply for five days so I sent a friendly inquiry whether there was any more info about it. Reply was "Nothing yet – they said originally they would ship THIS week so we’ll wait and see."
    July 3rd: Seven days later, I still had not received the cards so I wrote to see if there was any more info. I know Ryan was on his honeymoon at the time, so I wasn't expecting a reply for a while on this email.
    July 8th: 12 days later after they supposedly shipped, the reply from that email was "I’ll send this note on and see what’s up."
    July 11th: I waited for a response for three days with no word, so I replied again: "It's been a few days, have you heard anything back?
    thanks!".... no reply for three more days, so I made up a new email.
    July 15th: My email: "Please give me some sort of info on what's up with this. It's been almost a month since the cards hit the shelves, and three weeks since you mentioned that they were supposed to ship. If something has happened where it's not going to work out shipping me these cards, I would like to know so I can move on. I mean, at least give me some info I can chew on. Thanks." The reply was "I think everything shipped out on Friday." (which would have been July 11th)

A week and a half went by with no cards showing up. Since there was hardly ANY info about this deal, I decided to do some digging myself just to make sure there wasn't some sort of isolated quirk with just my winnings being shipped or delayed or something. I decided to contact other winners to see if they had gotten their stuff. I contacted two other people. They both confirmed with me that they had not received their winnings either, so that put me in doubt about the whole deal, so I wrote my latest email.

July 24th, two days ago: "Tomorrow, (friday the 25th) it will be two weeks since you said that you thought that the cards were shipped. I still have not received them. Even slow-boat shipping to me from anywhere in the US takes five days. Have your sponsors scr*w*d you on this deal or something? I've talked to two other people that announced that they were winners and they have not received their winnings either. Please forgive me, but I'm seriously starting to question the legitimacy of this whole deal, and so are the other two people I've talked to. If they DID ship, please give me the tracking numbers so that I won't feel the need to bug you or anyone else about this anymore.

It has now been two days since I sent that email and there has been no reply. There's still no sign of the video cards two calendar weeks plus a day after they were supposedly shipped and that's why I've resorted to posting my problem here in the forum. Another guy I just talked to said that he emailed a few days ago and has not received a reply either, so it's not just me, and I'm writing this post for his sake as well. I don't want to raise a stink. I'm not mad or anything. I understand that things can happen with deals such as this, and it could very well be out of PC Perspective's hands at this point. If it is out of your hands, I certainly hope Diamond isn't trying to give you guys a bad name by not following through on their deal. Who knows, you guys may not have any info on what's going on and if that's the case, I'd like for you to just come out and say so. I'd understand completely. I just want to have some info on what's going on with this deal and that's all. I've been patient so far, so I can continue to be patient.

Like I was saying, ANY sort of info about it would set me at ease, even if it's a simple " I apologize for the delay, but it's out of our hands at this point" or "Unfortunately, we don't have any info regarding it right now, but will find out something for you." Even that would make me happy.

Thanks!
    -Slngsht
    Last edited by slngsht; 07-26-2008 at 11:38 PM.

Re: Remember the PC Perspective Memorial Day contest?

I fully understand your grief about not hearing anything about your contest winnings, as I to was one of the contest winners and as of yet have not received my prize and haven't heard anything on the status in something like 2 weeks now.

Any info would be great one way or the other, not knowing is killing me and my PTSD.............

Yeah, I've replied to several emails about this from you, apologize for the delay. Diamond seems to have dropped the ball on this one - it was their contest to setup and ship out. I'm going to point them here.
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

Thank you for that, Ryan. I figured it was in your sponsors hands at this point.

I haven't yet received my sound card either.

Has anybody at all gotten their contest prize yet...............

I JUST NOW got off the phone with Diamond and they said that there had been some problems getting the products secured. (sounds like a bunch of smoke blown at me, but whatever) The rep said that the prizes were scheduled to ship August 11. I imagine that it would be for everyone that won the contest, but not sure. I have the phone number and extension number to the person that helped me, so check your PM's.

Just in case any other winners are following this thread, I talked to a guy at Diamond today, who called me at home. He told me that he had all the prizes ready to ship tomorrow morning (monday 8-11-08). If you have not heard from him, please pm me and I'll give you his contact info so you guys can see if you have been taken care of. He's very nice and is very concerned about this whole deal, so don't hesitate to get in contact with him if you have any questions.

i just replyed back to ryans email on the matter. This whole matter has been kinda confusing. Its good to hear that things are on track again.

just received my prize today. it was overnighted airmail via fedex. im impressed. i was expecting friday or next monday at the earliest via ground.

interestingly enough the company name listed on the invoice was amd. not diamond. thought it was exceptionally hard to read though. faded ink on carbon paper is not easy to read. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
    i just replyed back to ryans email on the matter. This whole matter has been kinda confusing. Its good to hear that things are on track again.
    I replied back to Ryan's email as well...................

I'm giving Diamond till the end of the week for something to show up before I give them a call................

i just sent an email to see if he shipped the stuff, he replied that he's shipping it tonight.

I got my card this morning, but it was the complete wrong card............................

I was supposed to get 1 x Radeon HD 3850 512MB cards from Diamond Multimedia, but instead I ended up with a Radeon HD 3650 256MB cards from Diamond Multimedia (complete down grade and useless to me)...................

Oh well, such is life I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Hazard View Post
    I got my card this morning, but it was the complete wrong card............................

I was supposed to get 1 x Radeon HD 3850 512MB cards from Diamond Multimedia, but instead I ended up with a Radeon HD 3650 256MB cards from Diamond Multimedia (complete down grade and useless to me)...................

Oh well, such is life I guess.

ya seems like they were completely unprepared. forget ball droppage, i think someone passed to the other team.

curious to see if slngsht gets the proper video cards. he had first prize it hink. i wonder what happened to the 4 other people that were supposed to get the AMD processors too, never heard from them.
    Last edited by modru2004; 08-15-2008 at 11:14 AM.

Here's a pic of the card I received exactly as it was delivered.................

Needless to say I'm completely disappointed.............