Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Remember the PC Perspective Memorial Day contest?

no packing materials or box for the video card? mine processor was the same way ( as for packing material) but my processor has the retail box to protect it some and your video card, just ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
    no packing materials or box for the video card? mine processor was the same way ( as for packing material) but my processor has the retail box to protect it some and your video card, just ouch.
    Nope, the bare card (without anti-static bag) was stuck inside the Fed-Ex envelope without any packing material and then the envelope was put inside the box. Nothing was included with the card, no cables adapters, software, nothing................

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Hazard View Post
    Here's a pic of the card I received exactly as it was delivered.................

Needless to say I'm completely disappointed.............

wait, NO Protective packing???? I'm floored by that. Does the card work??? I haven't gotten my cards yet (supposed to be the 4850s). I just checked back here to see if anyone had received their stuff. If I'm not mistaken, the prizes were shipping from cali, and I'm in Virginia, so it may be another day or two before I see them. I'll definitely check back and let you guys know. Just. Wow.
    Last edited by slngsht; 08-18-2008 at 02:08 AM.

Well, according to the email I was supposed to have won a 5.1 Diamond sound card.

I received a package Friday afternoon *exactly* like the above picture. Fedex box, barely any protection, no cables/disks.

And it was the 3650 VIDEO card? I'm happier with a video card than the sound card, but still....

Great job AMD, not!

wow, this doesn't sound good.

Your 7800gt will whoop that 3650, but wow, it will be interesting to open mine when it gets here.

edit: I really didn't mean to make a bad pun like that
    Last edited by slngsht; 08-18-2008 at 02:26 AM. Reason: pun phailure!

was yours not next day air? im pretty certain mine was shipped fedex next day air.

I guess not. I haven't received it. I emailed the diamond guy on thursday to confirm if they had been shipped and he said he was going to do it that night. So he may not have had everything ready. can you see when yours was shipped?

Quote Originally Posted by slngsht View Post
    I guess not. I haven't received it. I emailed the diamond guy on thursday to confirm if they had been shipped and he said he was going to do it that night. So he may not have had everything ready. can you see when yours was shipped?

ya i have the airbill invoice i just pulled up the tracking number.

it was shipped aug 11 package recieved after fedex cutoff at 7:43 PM. This was in PICO RIVERA, CA

It left Santa Fe Springs, CA August 12th at 6:29 PM and went to Dallas/ft worth, tx and from their to my city of wichita falls tx. I recieved it at Aug 13 9:43 AM

so it went from california to me in texas in about a day.

hooray for fedex, and thanks for going through all that to get the info. I find it strange that he replied that he was going to ship the stuff thursday night after I sent him an email... I guess I should expect something tomorrow morning then. (actually this morning, it's 3am)

hooray for fedex, and thanks for going through all that to get the info. I find it strange that he replied that he was going to ship the stuff thursday night after I sent him an email... I guess I should expect something tomorrow morning then. (actually this morning, it's 3am)
    something else of interest, is my invoice listed the company as AMD. i thought diamond themselves were going to provide and ship the products.

im curious as to if you get your actual prize. and i wonder what happened to the guy that won the grand prize computer. he probably ended up with a p4 2.8ghz with 1ghz of ram and a 80gb sata drive.

wait, NO Protective packing???? I'm floored by that. Does the card work??? I haven't gotten my cards yet (supposed to be the 4850s). I just checked back here to see if anyone had received their stuff. If I'm not mistaken, the prizes were shipping from cali, and I'm in Virginia, so it may be another day or two before I see them. I'll definitely check back and let you guys know. Just. Wow.
    I haven't a clue as to if the card works or not, I'm not pulling the old 7900GT out of the wifes rig just to check and find out that it doesn't.................... .

For now, the card is just sitting in a pile of useless junk till I find a use for the thing.

nothing showed up today. usually fedex delivers mid-morning.

Talking Re: Remember the PC Perspective Memorial Day contest?

shucks guys, ship it all to me, I won't moan about freebies!

Freebies are great if its something that's promised and you can use..............

still nothing. i'm going to call around noon tomorrow if they don't show up.