Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Remember the PC Perspective Memorial Day contest?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter4u View Post
    shucks guys, ship it all to me, I won't moan about freebies!
    exactly my thoughts
    "Remember, as you walk by, As you are now, so once was I, As I am now, so shall you be, Remember this and follow me."

Red face Re: Remember the PC Perspective Memorial Day contest?

*sigh* I saw this one coming, and I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. It's shallow to think that we don't appreciate the gifts here, we really do. But you have to consider what we are thinking.

I'm usually not one to look a gift horse in the mouth (if I had a gift horse's mouth to look in). But my thoughts are that if the gift horse was promised to be a stallion and a donkey was received, that line of thought goes out the window. I haven't received anything at all, so you guys can't say I'm "moaning" about the gift I received. I'm "moaning" about not having received anything, and not knowing the status of it. As I've seen it, nobody here was "moaning", they were stating that they received lesser than what was promised to them, and IMO, that stinks, and I feel they have a right to complain. I'm glad the person that won the sound card instead got the video card that would come in more handy. That's good luck right there.

FYI, it has been almost three months since we were notified of winning the contest, and people are just now getting the wrong things. I feel that after waiting that long in anticipation of receiving what was promised and not receiving that, if we do complain, we have a right to. Do we appreciate what's been received? Of course. But in Biohazard's case, he was expecting an upgrade to his wife's rig, but that turned out to not be what happened. Yeah, that's a letdown for him, and I feel he has every right to complain.

I also want to make it be known that this is not PC Perspective's fault. This mess falls squarely in the lap of Diamond, who was supposed to be handling all this. Ryan has been on their heels over it since the contest was over, so kudos go to him.

So back on the subject, Two days ago, I got an email saying that I would receive a tracking number that night, but I never got it. I sent a friendly reminder of it yesterday morning, and didn't receive a reply, so this morning, I sent the guy a text, and I never received a reply, so I don't know what's going on. Yeah, I'm "moaning" about this, and not the prize I'm supposedly getting.
    Last edited by slngsht; 08-21-2008 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slngsht View Post
    *sigh* I saw this one coming, and I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. It's shallow to think that we don't appreciate the gifts here, we really do. But you have to consider what we are thinking.

I'm usually not one to look a gift horse in the mouth (if I had a gift horse's mouth to look in). But my thoughts are that if the gift horse was promised to be a stallion and a donkey was received, that line of thought goes out the window. I haven't received anything at all, so you guys can't say I'm "moaning" about the gift I received. I'm "moaning" about not having received anything, and not knowing the status of it. As I've seen it, nobody here was "moaning", they were stating that they received lesser than what was promised to them, and IMO, that stinks, and I feel they have a right to complain. I'm glad the person that won the sound card instead got the video card that would come in more handy. That's good luck right there.

FYI, it has been almost three months since we were notified of winning the contest, and people are just now getting the wrong things. I feel that after waiting that long in anticipation of receiving what was promised and not receiving that, if we do complain, we have a right to. Do we appreciate what's been received? Of course. But in Biohazard's case, he was expecting an upgrade to his wife's rig, but that turned out to not be what happened. Yeah, that's a letdown for him, and I feel he has every right to complain.

I also want to make it be known that this is not PC Perspective's fault. This mess falls squarely in the lap of Diamond, who was supposed to be handling all this. Ryan has been on their heels over it since the contest was over, so kudos go to him.

So back on the subject, Two days ago, I got an email saying that I would receive a tracking number that night, but I never got it. I sent a friendly reminder of it yesterday morning, and didn't receive a reply, so this morning, I sent the guy a text, and I never received a reply, so I don't know what's going on. Yeah, I'm "moaning" about this, and not the prize I'm supposedly getting.
    its kind of amusing. Its just a couple of people making inane comments about a situation they don't understand. we are not complaining about receiving prizes or even receiving something different from what we expected, im not anyway (ie: what the contest said we won). but we are complaining about how poorly everything was handled by diamond.

Ryan and pcper have been great. it was diamond that dropped the ball. or rather i think they passed it to the other team and they got dunked on.

if i shipped you a video card in a large fedex box, with NO packing, NO protection at all,just the bare card, and it just slid and slammed into the sides during shipping. Would you be happy with that, or would you be wanting to know what the heck i was thinking having sent a component like that?

i think it speaks volumes about a company, and i think people should know.

if you won a lamborghini from a car dealership, and instead of the lambo you got a beat up old ford pinto with dents and scratches towed to your house. Would you be content and leave it be, or would you wonder what kind of dealership would do such a thing? Your friends thinking about buying a used car from the same dealership, do you warn him about what kind of dealership they are? or do you let the dice roll and think, whatever, its not my loss if he gets a lemon. I think this kind of stuff speaks volumes about a company.
    Last edited by modru2004; 08-21-2008 at 09:01 PM.

Called the diamond guy today, went to a full voicemail mailbox. Assuming something was wrong, I submitted a customer support ticket which he answered saying that the package was sent via UPS ground. No tracking number or anything, so I guess I'll have to just sit on my hands for a bit.

Any word on your cards yet slngsht?????

nope, thanks for the concern though.

I'm going to contact live support thru the website and see what happens from there.

sorry guys it was a little joke nothing more im sorry if what i said had offended anyone
    "Remember, as you walk by, As you are now, so once was I, As I am now, so shall you be, Remember this and follow me."

Quote Originally Posted by Vear Heart View Post
    sorry guys it was a little joke nothing more im sorry if what i said had offended anyone
    lol no biggie, you just caught some of us on edge. you jumped into a den of wolves that had been poked with sticks and had just watched a fat juicy tbone be snatched away from them.\

not to mention all the crappola going on at work. just been a bit stressed the last few weeks.

Yep, things don't look good. When I contacted live chat support, they took my info and said they would call me back with a tracking number or further info. They never called me back. Today I'm going to see if I can talk to that guy's boss. This is ridiculous.
    Last edited by slngsht; 08-29-2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: i'm an idiot at spelling.

I may finally have some real info to chew on... I emphasize "MAYBE" here, because I was originally told that the cards shipped UPS Ground, and now I have a Fedex tracking number???? WTH.... These guys couldn't find their way out a wet paper bag.

This is a copy/paste right from the email I just got. It's the strangest fedex tracking number I've ever seen, and it's not in the fedex system.

Mario [the guy in charge of this whole debacle] has provided the following tracking via Fedex to arrive tomorrow (signature required):

8640-5396-8

Best regards,

xxxx-xxxxxxxx

Senior Marketing Manager

Diamond Multimedia
    What does a normal fedex tracking number look like? I've never seen one like that before.

Edit: I called fedex, and they said I should contact them back and get the 4-4-4 digit tracking number. So I called diamond and they said that they would get back to me. AAAARRRGGGGHHH!!!!!
    Last edited by slngsht; 08-29-2008 at 04:31 PM.

Well, I sure hope that you end up getting your cards (you'd be the only one to get the correct prize).

As for me, I'm not going to have anything to do with Diamond Multimedia what so ever from here on out and will steer everyone I know and deal with to another company.

i'm not expecting to get the correct prize at this point. I also feel like i'm jumping through hoops right now, and it's not a good feeling.

edit: I finally got a good tracking number. Supposed to be here tomorrow, will report back.
    Last edited by slngsht; 08-29-2008 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slngsht View Post
    i'm not expecting to get the correct prize at this point. I also feel like i'm jumping through hoops right now, and it's not a good feeling.

edit: I finally got a good tracking number. Supposed to be here tomorrow, will report back.
    didn't think fedex delivered on saturday?

that's what I thought. check it out. from cali to virginia in a day! (yeah right) tracking number is 8640-5396-3484

lol a ship date of today. i thought they were supposed to have already shipped it. well i think fedex does deliver some priority items on saturdays, but its not generally used. their standard shipping/ air freight is weekdays only. they must have payed for the saturday delivery, i know you can do that.