Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Remember the PC Perspective Memorial Day contest?

So guess what. I got the package today, and they are the wrong video cards. I don't even know what these are. I've installed Catalyst twice, and the drivers never load up, so I'm running the standard vga drivers that come with windows.

At least these were packaged up better than what the other people here had.

I've sent Mario at Diamond an email that I hope will get things fixed here.

Mario.

I did not receive the correct prizes, and neither did the other winners of this contest. This is unacceptable for a company. You promoted a contest for a very reputable website, assuming full responsibiliy for shipping the prizes which were promised. I don't know what happened here, but you have not only screwed the winners over by giving them the incorrect prizes, you have screwed over the Ryan at PC Perspective, and you have screwed Diamond as a company for your apparent lack of competence over this whole deal. This speaks not only for them, but for Diamond as a company, and you, as an employee of your company.

I was supposed to receive two Radeon HD 4870 video cards and It takes THREE MONTHS of jumping through hoops to receive the two Radeon HD 3650 cards! You even called me at HOME to ask me which cards I was supposed to receive, all the while saying that you treat all customers like family and aplogizing for the delays. Forgive me if I'm underwhelmed with the excuses. I've been patient and understanding, and this is what I get? I have seen nothing about this contest that has been correct, and all the mistakes made here fall directly into your lap. It stinks of unorganization, poor communication and unprofessionalism. I do hope that you will contact the other prize winners including myself and get this taken care of correctly.

There has been a thread on the PC Perspective forums following this whole debacle, and it has close to 2000 hits. You can view it here: http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=457118&page=1 and I suggest you take the time to read it.

If this isn't taken care of, I will be taking steps to get in contact with someone else in your company that will take care of it.

Mario, this is rediculous. I would be completely embarrased if I were you.

-Nathan xxxxxx
    xxx.xxx.xxxx
    slngsht@gxxxl.com

In an interesting turn of events, mario's email address bounced back the following message:

Auto-reply from mario@diamondmm.com <mario@diamondmm.com>
    to slngsht@gxxxl.com
    date Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 11:59 AM
    subject Re: Once again, you foul up.
    mailed-by mail9.atl.registeredsite.com
    11:59 AM (8 minutes ago)

Please send your emails to louis@diamxxxxmm.com .
    Products Review email to lisa@diamxxxmm.com
    So I put together an email to Louis at Diamond to see if I can get any help from him, and for the other folks here who have not received the correct prizes.

Hi Louis, I tried to send this email to Mario, but it bounced back saying I should send it to you or Lisa. I'm hoping you could help me and others out with this situation. Here's the rundown. Diamond sponsored a Memorial Day contest with PC Perspective, where there were different levels of prizes, and Mario was supposed to be handling the prize winnings. He has failed miserably at getting the job done, and I feel I need to turn to someone else for help with this, and I really hope you can help salvage this situation or direct me to someone in charge of Mario that can help me. There is a thread on the PC Perspective forums following this debacle, and it has nearly 2000 hits on it. http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=457118&page=1 Please take the time to read up on the situation so that you can have a grasp of what has happened here.

To make a long story short, all the winners that have posted in the thread have received the wrong prizes. I was supposed to receive two 4870 video cards, and after jumping through hoops for three months trying to figure out what the status was of my prize winnings was, I finally get a package with two unidentified video cards in them that appear to be HD 3650 cards. I can't identify them because Catalyst drivers 8.8 and 8.7 don't recognize the card. Note below, that the contest winnings distinctly say "we are not referring to RV670 or anything in the Radeon 3000-series of parts" and that appears to be what I've received.

Please note the other people on the forum who have received the wrong items, and I'm really hoping that you can help them as well.

Here's the contest details:

http://www.pcper.com/contest.php

Prizes:

(1) Grand Prize: Complete PC Gaming System from Smooth Creations

First (and nearly as Grand) Prize:

* (1) 2 x "Next Generation" Radeon Graphics card from Diamond Multimedia

Yes, thats right, the runner-up in this contest will get two of the upcoming generation of AMD graphics cards from Diamond Multimedia - no we are not referring to RV670 or anything in the Radeon 3000-series of parts, so just use your imagination! These will be two of the first cards available!!
    Second Prizes:

* (2) 1 x Radeon HD 3850 512MB cards from Diamond Multimedia

Third Prizes:

* (5) Diamond 5.1 Sound cards

Fourth Prizes:

* (5) AMD Athlon X2 5000+ CPUs

Fifth Prizes:

* (25) Copy of BitDefender software
    Last edited by slngsht; 09-26-2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: censored email addreses

after asking around and doing some digging, it turns out these cards are RV730XT, the 4670's which haven't even hit the shelves yet. Looks like PC Perspective will have the first uncensored photos of the RV730XT chips, and I'll make a post of it later. Unfortunately, it looks as though Diamond fulfilled their requirements for this contest for me, as it most definitely is a next-gen card. I hope that they will still honor the rest of the people here in getting them what was promised. What a disappointment this has been.

Here's the cards I got pictured.

http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/Rade...ured/6011.html
    Last edited by slngsht; 08-30-2008 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slngsht View Post
    after asking around and doing some digging, it turns out these cards are RV730XT, the 4670's which haven't even hit the shelves yet. Looks like PC Perspective will have the first uncensored photos of the RV730XT chips, and I'll make a post of it later. Unfortunately, it looks as though Diamond fulfilled their requirements for this contest for me, as it most definitely is a next-gen card. I hope that they will still honor the rest of the people here in getting them what was promised. What a disappointment this has been.

Here's the cards I got pictured.

http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/Rade...ured/6011.html
    personally im quite happyw ith my prize. i got the 6400 amd x2 black edition instead of a 5000+. but the other kinda got jipped.

From talking to people about it, these cards must have been engineering samples. They don't have model numbers on them and they don't have serial numbers. They aren't even identical. One has 512mb of Hynix ddr3, and the other has 1024mb of Samsung ddr3. I've also not had any success getting either one to work with any catalyst driver out there for vista, so I guess I'll just have to wait till the next catalyst comes out.

It's been a long time since I posted an update about this. After testing these 4670's for a while, thinking that the new 8.9 drivers would work, I hung onto them. Then the 8.9's came out and the cards didn't work with them. They also didn't render correctly, so I was telling my story about the contest over at Overclockersclub, and I got a PM from the board admin there. He said that he had good relations at Diamond and would put in a word for me. He told me who I should contact, and said I should mention his name. I did, and one of the big bosses at diamond replied to me and said she would talk it over with the other big bosses there, apologized for all the messups, thanked me for being patient and kind in my correspondence with them, and said she would get back in touch with me about what she could do for me. She also said I could ship these cards back on their corporate UPS account's tab, which is cool. I don't know what she's going to do for me, but she said she was wanting to figure it out by today. I haven't heard back yet, but I'm crossing my fingers for something good.

Good luck! Keep us posted.
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

well i hope that they don't give you one of these.

Sounds like diamond in in for some trouble.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

I've basicly completely given up on getting anything worthwhile out of Diamond.

Good luck getting your proper prize cards slngsht.

did you ever get your proper cards?

no not yet. I had a busy end-of-the-week last week, and wasn't able to ship out the 4670's till this Monday. They are going all the way across the country and haven't arrived at Diamond yet. I'm thinking they should arrive sometime today (Friday), but I'm willing to bet I won't hear anything till the beginning of next week.

I just got an email saying that the 4850's shipped out yesterday in exchange for the 4670's. I gotta say I'm quite happy now that this has all worked out.

I'm glad that at least one of us is getting what was coming to them..............

I had to start reviewing again to beable to get some new gear....................

So I got the video cards yesterday! But one is on the fritz. Games are discolored with the one card, and cause the games to crash. The other card seems to be just fine though. They appear to be refurbs because they came in new boxes... same model number... different coolers on them. All I can do is laugh at this point.

But at least Diamond is following through on their promises.