Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Remember the PC Perspective Memorial Day contest?

I gave up on getting anything correct out of Diamond and went out and get me a brand new Sapphire Toxic 4870.

Like I said earlier, never again will I get a Diamond product.

Wow. I just checked back in this forum tonight and was amazed to see this thread going for so long. One thing's for sure, I'll NEVER buy anything from a company as chintzy as Diamond!

Well, I do have an update. I know I haven't reported back on it lately. I have one good card in my hands at this moment. I had to send one back to an engineer there after doing email-support for a few weeks. He sent me a bios to flash to the card, but the card refused to accept any bios. Strangest thing I've ever seen. Apparently, that card was a previous RMA'd card. I think that somebody flashed the card with a GeCube 4850 bios, and the Diamond card didn't like it, because when I took a look at GPU-Z, it would report the subvendor as GeCube. A couple weeks ago, I shipped the faulty card back after weeks of email support and long response times, and the engineer shot me an email a couple days ago saying he'd need time to reproduce the problem and then send me a good card. I'm hopeful it will all be over soon.
    Last edited by slngsht; 12-11-2008 at 02:09 PM.