Should I update the RAID driver and How?

There are a bunch of new drivers for my X38 -DS4 and I'll be installing them over the weekend.

There is one for SATA RAID which I am currently using, but how do you update it? I thought the raid drivers were only loaded (with F6) during installation or do you use device drivers to manually update the new drivers?

??
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 07-27-2008 at 09:28 AM.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Re: Should I update the RAID driver and How?

Quote Originally Posted by Britgeezer View Post
    There are a buch of new drivers for my X38 -DS4 and I'll be installing them over the weekend.

There is one for SATA RAID which I am currently using, but how do you update it? I thought the raid drivers were only loaded (with F6) during installation or do you use device drivers to manually update the new drivers?

??
    With XP, the driver needed to be in place during installation via F6 for the XP installation program to see the drive. That, of course, depended on the sata controller being used. In any case, you can probably update the driver by downloading it and updating via the device manager. I've never done it myself, as I've never seen the need. I guess if your system is working fine now, there may be little need to update the driver. I usually only update drivers if there is a compelling need to do so.
    Gigabyte P55A-UD4P, Core i7-860 Lynnfield at 3.6GHz, ZALMAN CNPS10X QUIET 120mmCPU HSF, CORSAIR Vengeance (2 x 4GB) DDR3 at 1640, PowerColor HD5870, Earthworks 650W PSU, Samsung 840 EVO 120g SSD (W10 Pro 64-bit), 320G Blue Caviar storage, LiteOn DVD burner, Antec 902 case [B]
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3, i5 2500K OCed at 4.5GHz, CM 212 Hyper Plus, G. Skill Ripjaws 4G X 2 2133 Ram, Samsung 840 EVO 250G, 3Tb Seagate HDD, unknown DVD drive, XFX Double D Radeon HD 7870, PC Power and Cooling 610 Silencer, Fractal Define R4 Case, LG 27" AOC IPS monitor, Win 10 Home 64-bit

Re: Should I update the RAID driver and How?

Quote Originally Posted by alex666 View Post
    With XP, the driver needed to be in place during installation via F6 for the XP installation program to see the drive. That, of course, depended on the sata controller being used. In any case, you can probably update the driver by downloading it and updating via the device manager. I've never done it myself, as I've never seen the need. I guess if your system is working fine now, there may be little need to update the driver. I usually only update drivers if there is a compelling need to do so.
    Thanks for the answer, I was looking for anything that might help with BOD's problem that I was getting. As it happens the latest onboard sound drivers seem to have helped no end so maybe I can leave the raid as it is.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home