Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Prayers are needed.

All is well. Sorry going through an anti social phase right now. Hadn't felt much like talking to anyone. Had to cut back on folding, almost at a standstill. Hopefully this winter I can pick up production again.
    Low Speed, High Drag!
    Formerly a team 734 Folding Frog. (Might start up again soon)

Maybe I can find some dyno redheads to cheer you up

Hey Jeremy, spend as much timewith your Mom as you can. Don't worry about us, you know we're with the two of you.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGlasMan View Post
    Hey Jeremy, spend as much timewith your Mom as you can. Don't worry about us, you know we're with the two of you.
    Could not have said it any better!

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Re: Prays are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyWills View Post
    Hoping some of the folding data one day will crack the code required to battle the this type of cancer as nothing they currently utilize seems to do much to it.
    I would like that day to be today for you, but....

Until that day, prayer is what there is- and this has got mine. GB.

Wife works for First Christian Church on the Admin level. I asked her to add the request when you posted.
    GO VIKES!

Thanks, its appreciated.

They went back to some stuff called Tykerb and Xeloda. Each drug has a ton of side effects, one of them being bad bad diahrrea. Poor things been living in the bathroom.

She had gamma knife surgery again. We think because she had stopped the Tykerb which is supposed to protect the brain is why they came back. Unfortunately if you remember she had that area on the liver but that seems under control so its like a cat and mouse game back and forth with the doctor trying to figure out what the right combination is for her and the particular cancers shes affected with. The drug interactions with this stuff is insane, you have to be damn careful what you mix and match when it comes to this crap.
    Low Speed, High Drag!

Battling Cancer the drugs needed and keeping the body in some sort of balance is indeed hard to do.

Best wishes to her and hers.....
    GO VIKES!

I sure hope they get your mom on the right (tolerable) combination of meds, JW. I know all about the pure hell of doctors not getting it right. Its like being a lab test rat. Here's all the crap I have to take every day. The ones in bold are particularly troublesome for me. I can really sympathize with your mom.

ativan
    cozaar
    lasix
    lanoxin
    plavix
    amiodarone

aspirin
    isosorbide
    coreg
    lipitor
    prevacid

The prevacid makes it impossible to even think of breaking wind!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by BWM; 09-07-2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: forgot one

Well those two I mentioned are just the current chemotherapy drugs. They are both in pill form, not the traditional IV stuff they did have her on. In addition to the cancer she has at least 5 maybe even more other things shes takes for other ailments. I'm always saying Im in the wrong gig, I should in the legal drug buisness. Its a racket. Even with insurance her cost is not cheap. Without the insurance..... yea its depressing.
    Low Speed, High Drag!

Been thinking of ya JW as I remember the things my mother went through as the doctors would "throw the bones" to figure out what to do. I know it is hard, but all you can do is be there for her and help her save what "dignity" she still has.

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Hey JW....my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I work for a biotech company that has a few anti-cancer drugs out on the market....has anyone suggested trying an Avastin therapy in combination with chemo? It is one of our top notch anti-cancer regimens but I am unsure as to whether or not it has gone thru clinical trials for the types of cancers your mom is suffering from. Its mechanism of action should theoretically work, as all tumors need the molecule that this drug suppresses.

Hmmm....

Her doctor did suggest some research study at one point, perhaps this is the same stuff. The docs only concern was because shes tried more than 3 different therapies already she might not qualify for this study. I know they are trying to keep options alive as best as possible.

Gosh, I wish I remembered what it is exactly, her cancers that is. One of them is quite agressive not all that common so I think thats the reason why they are having such a tough time getting the right combinations. Also something about the blood brain barrier, some of the IV drugs don't get into the brain very well like the rest of the body and why her brain tumors came back so they had no choice to go to this pill that supposedly penetrates that barrier to target the area along with the raditation they targeted the area with.

They throw so much out there its hard to keep track of it.
    Low Speed, High Drag!

Mom can sigh a breath of relief tonight. My sister made it in today from Houston. For those brother froggies that might not be in the USA and aware of our current events, the State of Texas, specifically the greater Houston area is expecting a major hurricane called IKE in the next 24 hours. My sister lives south of Houston nearer to Galveston which is right on the water and where they are predicting some of the nastiest part of this storm to surge at. Hopefully shes got something left to go back to. My Mom wouldn't stop worrying until she arrived tonight. Her area was told it was a mandatory evac, no exceptions.
    Low Speed, High Drag!

Good to hear JW!

My late mother was Texas reared and has/had most of her family there. Visited many in my younger years and remember visiting the ones in Galveston and the Corpus Christi areas. She and my late father leaved in the Beeville/Brownsville parts for a while.

I still can't believe how flat it is there on the coast as I explain to people that when the land meets the water it almost looks like the same level. The only way you know you're getting close to the coast line is the houses start going up on pylons!

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11